President Jair Bolsonaro (no party), first lady Michelle Bolsonaro and senator Flávio Bolsonaro (Republicanos-RJ), son of the president, received the Marechal Rondon de Comunicações award today. In addition to the three, 12 ministers of state were also honored, in addition to parliamentarians and government and state employees.
The Marechal Rondon award was created in April this year with the objective of honoring personalities who contribute to the advancement of telecommunications in Brazil. During the delivery, which took place this afternoon at a ceremony at Palácio do Planalto, there was no explanation as to the reason for choosing the winners.
In his speech, Bolsonaro said: “This award is an acknowledgment to all of you for your collaboration with the government and with Brazil.”
In total, 44 people received the award. In addition to the three Bolsonaro, 12 ministers, six parliamentarians, minister Dias Toffoli, of the STF (Supreme Federal Court), the president of Banco do Brasil, Fausto Ribeiro de Andrade, the president of the Post Office, Floriano Peixoto, and five ministers of the TCU ( Federal Court of Accounts) were honored.
On stage, nearly half of the authorities wore no masks. Bolsonaro, ministers Fábio Faria, Luiz Eduardo Ramos and Ciro Nogueira, as well as former president and senator Fernando Collor (Pros-AL) did not use the protection item.
Bolsonaro has faced challenges in government, especially in the relationship between the Powers. After making several attacks on the STF, the relationship with the judiciary was strained. Last week, he released a letter to the nation to try to demonstrate a backlash and ease this tension.
In addition, the Executive’s negotiation with the National Congress has also been the target of concern, which led to the change in command of the Civil House at the end of July, when Ciro Nogueira, until then a senator, was appointed.
“What would the executive be without the Senate, without the Chamber? And also, why not say, in many moments, without our STF? We are one body,” Bolsonaro said in his speech.
See the list of winners, in order of delivery:
- Carolina Scherer, legal advisor to the Ministry of Communications
- Glen Valente, CEO of EBC
- Márcio Novaes, president of Abratel
- Flávio Lara Resende, president of Abert
- Leonardo Euler de Morais, Board Member of Anatel
- Artur Coimbra, telecommunications secretary at the Ministry of Communications
- Maximiliano Martinhão, secretary for broadcasting at the Ministry of Communications
- Flávia Duarte Nascimento, Deputy Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Communications
- Jarbas José Valente, president of Telebras
- Martha Seillier, Special Secretary of the PPI of the Ministry of Economy
- André Costa, Special Secretary for Social Communication at the Ministry of Communications
- Floriano Peixoto, president of Correios
- Fausto Ribeiro de Andrade, president of Banco do Brasil
- Estella Dantas, Executive Secretary of the Ministry of Communications
- Minister Walton Alencar of TCU
- Vital Minister of Rego of TCU
- Minister Raimundo Carreiro of TCU
- Minister Jorge Oliveira do TCU
- Minister Bruno Dantas, Vice President of TCU
- Senator Flávio Bolsonaro
- Pedro César Nunes, Deputy Chief of Legal Affairs of the Presidency of the Republic
- Congressman Marcos Pereira
- Deputy Cesinha de Madureira
- Senator Davi Alcolumbre
- Senator Fernando Bezerra Coelho, government leader in the Senate
- Admiral Flávio Rocha, secretary for strategic affairs of the Presidency
- Célio Faria Júnior, head of the President’s Personal Cabinet
- Minister Dias Toffoli of the STF
- Augusto Heleno, Minister of the Institutional Security Office
- Flávia Arruda, Minister of the Secretariat of Government
- Luis Eduardo Ramos, Minister of the General Secretariat of the Presidency of the Republic
- Damares Alves, Minister for Women, Family and Human Rights
- Gilson Machado, Minister of Tourism
- Marcelo Queiroga, Minister of Health
- João Roma, Minister of Citizenship
- Onyx Lorenzoni, Minister of Labor
- Milton Ribeiro, Minister of Education
- Tarcisio de Freitas, Minister of Infrastructure
- Braga Netto, Minister of Defense
- Ciro Nogueira, Chief Minister of the Civil House
- Arthur Lira, President of the Chamber of Deputies
- Rodrigo Pacheco, President of the Senate
- Jair Bolsonaro
- Michelle Bolsonaro