The change in the ICMS tax base, approved by the Chamber, can be a disaster from any point of view.
1. It is undue interference by the Union in the states.
2. It is fossil fuel subsidy.
3. Increases tax complexity, which is already monstrous.
4. Generates revenue loss at a time when states are in serious financial difficulties.
5. It is a palliative measure, it does not attack the problem itself.
6. Has electoral motivation and is aggressive and disloyal to governors, whom Bolsonaro considers disaffected.
Considering that the “solution” was created with four hands by Jair Bolsonaro and Arthur Lira, it would be strange that this was not the case.