The pandemic in Chile has shown a slight decrease in the cases of Covid-19, reporting today less than 6 thousand in the last 24 hours.
Under the same context, sanitary measures are maintained and the vaccination plan against the Coronavirus continues with new ages to be inoculated.
This week the vaccination of a new age group begins, which includes people aged 19 and 18 in addition to laggards and pregnant people with more than 16 weeks of gestation.
But the most It stands out, it is the beginning of the inoculation of minors who are 12 to 17 years old, starting with those who belong to SENAME centers.
Let’s remember that In our country, vaccination against the virus is voluntary and free, and Chile currently has vaccines from Pfizer, Sinovac, CanSino and AstraZeneca.
Minors who belong to this age range, but who suffer from some comorbidity, may be vaccinated. Next, we tell you more details of the measure.
Vaccination of minors | What comorbidities are contemplated?
As reported by the Minsal, they must be adolescents between 12 and 17 years old with specific comorbidities:
1. Chronic lung disease (cystic fibrosis, pulmonary fibrosis of any cause, severe asthma, Tuberculosis in treatment).
2. Neurological disease (congenital or acquired neuromuscular disorders, which determine swallowing disorders or the management of respiratory secretions, treatment-refractory epilepsy).
3. Chronic kidney disease (kidney failure stage 4 or higher, dialysis).
4. Chronic liver disease (cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, liver disease).
5. Metabolic diseases (diabetes mellitus, congenital metabolic diseases).
6. Heart disease (congenital and cardiomyopathies of any cause).
7. Autoimmune disease (lupus, juvenile idiopathic arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, Crohn’s disease, and others).
8. Cancer being treated with radiotherapy, chemotherapy, hormonal therapies or palliative measures of any kind.
9. Immunodeficiencies (congenital or acquired, includes Down syndrome, transplants and people living with HIV).
10. Serious mental illness (schizophrenia and bipolar disorder).
11. Severe obesity (BMI> 3 DE).