The student leader Emilia Schneider this Sunday became the first transgender person to be elected to occupy a seat in the Chamber of Deputies of Chile, after the holding of the elections that reconfigured the composition of Congress.
SIGHT: LIVE | Chile elections 2021: far-right Kast and leftist Boric go to the second round | PHOTOS
A member of the left-wing Communes party, which is part of the Frente Amplio coalition, Shneider will enter the Lower House on behalf of District 10 of the Chilean capital, made up of six large sectors of the city.
- Who is Franco Parisi, the ghost candidate for the Presidency who gave the surprise in Chile
- “We do not go out to the streets so that everything remains the same,” says Boric after going to the second round in Chile
- “Chile deserves peace and freedom”, says José Antonio Kast after going to the second presidential round
“I assume with humility and great honor to be the first trans deputy of Chile. This is a step thanks to years of feminist and dissident struggle “he wrote on his Twitter account.
Chile celebrated this day what was the first round of its presidential elections, in addition to elections for the election of the 155 legislators of the Chamber of Deputies and 27 of the 50 senators that as of March 2022 will have the Upper House.
The far-right José Antonio Kast and the leftist Gabriel Boric prevailed over the rest of the other five candidates in the election to replace the current president, Sebastián Piñera, and will contest the first magistracy in the second round, scheduled for December 19.
“This is a day of mixed feelings. On the one hand, hate advances. On the other, there is hope ”, Shneider said about Kast’s triumph, on the one hand, and her election as a deputy, on the other, while calling for Boric to vote in the second round.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Journalist who reported on the start of the coronavirus in Wuhan is on the verge of death in jail, according to his family
- Mortuary clerk admits he committed dozens of sexual assaults on corpses
- Austria offers jobs with salaries of up to US $ 4,000 to foreigners, including Peruvians: what profession are they looking for and how to apply?
- Salt Bae Feeds Vietnam’s Communist Minister With More Than $ 1,100 Gold-Plated Steak | VIDEO
- Life sentence for woman who murdered five of her children in revenge because her husband left her
- Bill Gates talks about an upcoming threat that would put the world ‘in check’