Oscar winner arrested for sexual assault

The Canadian director and Oscar winner Paul Haggis According to media reports, he was arrested in Italy on suspicion of serious sexual assault. As the news agencies Ansa and AGI reported on Sunday, citing the Brindisi prosecutor’s office, the 69-year-old is said to have forced a “young foreign woman” over a period of two days to have a “non-consensual sexual relationship” with him enter into. He is said to have injured her so much that she needed medical help.

Million Dollar Baby director accused of sexual abuse

Haggis directed the film Crash and wrote the screenplays for Million Dollar Baby and Casino Royale. He also became known for his open break with Scientology. Already in the course of the scandal surrounding the Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein Haggis had been accused of sexual abuse by several women. He denies the allegations.

Leave a Reply