Merguez but also sausages and skewers contaminated with salmonella are withdrawn from sale and must not be consumed. Products List.
[Mise à jour le 13 juin 2022 à 12h05] Notice to barbecue lovers! L’french company Vallegrain specializing in the marketing of pork meat, proceeds to a recall of meat trays after the detection of salmonella. On June 9 the site Reminder Conso Govt published the list of affected batches and their points of sale (Carrefour, Leclerc, Intermarché, Cora etc). The products were notably sold in the departments of Eure, Eure-et-Loir, Loir-et-Cher, Orne, Seine-et-Marne, Essonne, Manche, Vendée… In addition to these products, there are merguez sausages with duck from the Les Thomasines brand.
What products are recalled?
- chipo mix (2 chipo with herbs, 2 chipo, 2 Merguez pork)
- Chipo Nature (12 Plain Chipolata tray and 6 plain chipolata tray)
- Grill Tray (8 plain chipo, 8 herb chipo, 8 pork merguez, 2 Tex Mex Ribs)
- Onion-herb sausages (4 sausages)
- Skewer platter (4 plain chipo, 4 herb chipo, 2 pork merguez, 6 Provencal pork skewers)
- BBQ tray (8 plain chipo, 8 herb chipo, 8 pork merguez, 4 sliced breasts, 4 pork chops)
- Pure duck merguez. The Thomasines (Auchan, Carrefour Market, Hyper U, Intermarché, Leclerc, Super U)
People who bought these products from the Vallégrain brand are invited to do not consume them and to them return to store for refund. A phone number is available to customers (02 37 29 94 94). The same goes for the duck merguez from Les Thomasines. They should not be consumed and return the product to the point of sale. Food infections caused by salmonella result in gastrointestinal disorders, diarrhoea, vomiting and abdominal pain, often accompanied by fever. These symptoms can be severe in young children, immunocompromised individuals and the elderly. The incubation period can range from 6 to 72 hours.
Source: Reminder Conso Gov.