The decree of extension of Chilean cédulas expires on December 31, 2021, and that of foreigners on February 28 of next year.
To avoid crowds and lines in the context of the Covid-19 pandemic, the Civil Registry implemented an online agenda system.
This measure allows you to reserve hours to carry out the corresponding procedures until the first quarter of 2022.
The Chilean ID extension decree expires on December 31, 2021, and that of foreigners the February 28th of the next year.
During July, Ministry of Labor presented the “Cédulas Renewal Plan”, Due to the fact that some 3.2 million documents will expire at the country level.
This modernization of the system allows the renewal of the card to be scheduled up to six months in advance, due to the million appointments available (284 thousand per month), corresponding to offices in all regional capitals.
Civil Registry | How and where to take time to renew or obtain an identity card?
– To renew it must take an hour online HERE.
– Then you must choose the procedure you want to carry out and select “next”.
– Subsequently, select the region, office, date and time you want to go to carry out the procedure.
– Now you must enter personal data such as RUT, name and surname, email and telephone number.
– Finally you will receive a receipt with the data for the time taken.