Investigative Committee asks to arrest the suspect in the case of family poisoning with watermelon in Moscow
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
The investigation asked the court to arrest an employee who carried out disinsection at the Magnit store in Moscow, after which a 61-year-old woman and her 15-year-old granddaughter were poisoned with a watermelon.
As the representative of the main investigation department of the Investigative Committee for Moscow told TASS Julia Ivanova, the investigators petitioned the Presnensky Court to send the 39-year-old suspect into custody.
As the website kp.ru wrote, the woman and her granddaughter died after consuming a watermelon, which, presumably, got pest control substances. The teenage girl’s mom survived and is still in the hospital.
Traces of ethylene glycol, a colorless and odorless technical liquid, used in particular as antifreeze, were found in the blood of the victims. The substance is extremely dangerous for humans and threatens with poisoning, as a result of which multiple organ failure may develop, often leading to death.