In the first month of 2022 in its Microsoft products as part of the so-called patch Tuesday fixed 97 holes. Therefore, do not delay the installation of updates unnecessarily long unless you have to.
I remind you that the last service update for Windows 10 version 2004 was released last time. So this month, no one has fixed the detected bugs. If you are still using it, upgrade immediately.
The following fix packs have been released for supported consumer versions of Windows:
- KB5009566 for Windows 11 version 21H2 (build 22000.434),
- KB5009543 for Windows 10 versions 20H2, 21H1 and 21H2 (builds 19042.1466, 19043.1466 and 19044.1466),
- KB5009624 for Windows 8.1 (all fixes),
- KB5009595 for Windows 8.1 (patches only).
Known issues with updates
- Some graphics editors may not render colors correctly on some high dynamic range (HDR) screens. Microsoft will offer a solution by the end of January.
Windows 10 verze 20H2/21H1/21H2
- On Windows installed from manually modified installation media, the old Edge was removed, but it did not have to be automatically replaced by the new browser. To prevent such cases, integrate the Servicing stack update from March 29, 2021 or later before integrating the Windows service rollup into the media.
- After you install the June KB5003690 service update, some devices may not receive newer service updates. The installation ends with an error PSFX_E_MATCHING_BINARY_MISSING. Microsoft describes how to deal with the situation.
- Smart card authentication may fail when connecting to an untrusted domain via Remote Desktop.
- Some operations with files stored on the Cluster Shared Volume will fail.