Poklonskaya in an interview with Radio “Komsomolskaya Pravda” noted that this appointment did not come as a surprise to her
Photo: Oleg CHIRKOV
Vladimir Putin appointed Natalia PoklonskuAmbassador to the Republic of Cape Verde. This became known on Wednesday, October 13, in the morning. The relevant decree is posted on the portal of legal acts.
“To appoint Natalia Vladimirovna Poklonskaya as Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Cape Verde,” the document says dryly. That’s right – all words with a capital letter.
Poklonskaya herself in an interview with Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda noted that this appointment did not come as a surprise to her. He prepared for it for a long time:
– This is a long-awaited appointment, I really wanted and I’m very happy. I sought to go to work on the diplomatic line. I also studied at the Diplomatic Academy, wrote my master’s thesis, and completed an internship at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. It is a great pride and honor for me to represent Russia in the beautiful country of Cape Verde.
At the same time, when asked whether she was already facing any tasks, Natalya Vladimirovna answered in a diplomatically evasive manner:
– I can say one thing: I will perform all tasks and try to fulfill them with dignity! I will do everything to strengthen our good, friendly relations. I’m going to fly out soon. Not tonight, of course, but this month I’ll try to go.
HIDDEN UNTIL THE LAST
There have been rumors for a long time that the former deputy and prosecutor of Crimea was awarded such a fate. Poklonskaya herself answered evasively to direct questions from Sergei Mardan, only promised that she would tell about her fate after the first meeting of the State Duma of the new convocation on October 12. Here’s a snippet of that conversation:
– Do you know where Cape Verde is?
– I know of course. Who does not know now where Cape Verde is! Well, yes news!
– Thanks to you, everyone found out! Would you like to go there?
– I would like to.
– And live?
– To work.
– Would you like to live, work?
– I’m interested in everything new.
– Yes, this is a terrible wilderness!
– Cape Verde, Seychelles, Italy, Vatican, Rome, Berlin – whatever. It’s all interesting to me!
Natalia Poklonskaya became the third acting Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Russia. So in Indonesia and neighboring states, Russia is represented by Lyudmila Vorobyova. And in Bulgaria – Eleonora Mitrofanova.
FILE OF KP
Natalia Poklonskaya was born in 1980 near Lugansk. In 1987 she moved with her family to the Crimea, to Evpatoria. In the same place in 2002 she graduated from the branch of the Kharkov University of Internal Affairs in Evpatoria.
Since 2002 she worked in the prosecutor’s office. First, he was the assistant to the prosecutor of the Krasnogvardeisky district of Crimea, then the assistant to the prosecutor of the city of Evpatoria. By 2014 – senior prosecutor of the department in the Prosecutor General’s Office of Ukraine.
After the Maidan, he submits a letter of resignation. The decision is justified by the fact that “it is a shame to live in a country where neo-fascists roam the streets freely and dictate their terms to the so-called new government.”
While still a prosecutor, she survived several assassination attempts.
Since March 11, 2014 – Prosecutor of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea. After reunification with Russia – the prosecutor of the Crimea.
In 2016, he was elected to the 7th convocation of the State Duma from the United Russia party, while she herself is not a member of the party.
From October 13, 2021 – Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Russian Federation to the Republic of Cape Verde
WHERE IS POLONSKAYA GOING
Cape Verde is a republic located on the Cape Verde Islands in the Atlantic Ocean, 600 km from the coast of western Africa. Until 1986, its name in Russian was “Republic of the Green Cape Island”. It has a very small area, about half of Cyprus and all of it lies on the islands – 10 large and 8 small. A former Portuguese colony that gained independence in the 70s of the last century. Population – 560 thousand people. They speak in the republic in their own language – Caboverdianu, which originated from Portuguese. Cape Verde is a parliamentary republic led by President Jorge Carlos Fonseca. Diplomatic relations with Russia (USSR) were established in 1975