For December, Disney Plus offers a very rich program with, among others, The Book of Boba Fett, The Nutcracker and the Four Kingdoms, The Battle of the Planet of the Apes and the return of Mary Poppins!
For the end of the year celebrations, Disney + has seen the big picture with, in particular, the arrival of The Nutcracker and the Four Realms, The battle for the planet of the apes, Cleopatra, The Favorite Years, reboot of the cult series or Mary Poppins Returns. The platform also offers to rediscover nearly a century of unrivaled entertainment, from the most incredible universes: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star.
Disney Plus: which movies and cartoons to watch in December?
Here are the upcoming cartoons and animation films for the month of December:
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms (1st December). The Nutcracker and the Four Kingdoms pays homage to Hoffmann’s tale and Tchaikovsky’s famous ballet. Following the young Clara in the parallel world of which her late mother was sovereign, it is an entire enchanting universe composed of four magical kingdoms with evocative names of Land of Snowflakes, Land of Flowers, Land of Candy and Land of Entertainment that subscribers will be able to find out.
- The adventures of Mickey and his friends! – season 1 (December 1)
- The Diary of a Wimpy Kid (December 3). The Diary of a Wimpy Kid tells the story of Greg Heffley, a skinny teenager with a vivid imagination. Nurturing big plans to become rich and famous, he must for the moment succeed in surviving his college years. A challenge all the more ambitious given that Rowley, his best friend, is one of the most popular students! As he chronicles his hilarious – and often disastrous – attempts to fit in, Greg discovers the value of friendship and the satisfaction he derives from his fight against injustice.
- The Battle for the Planet of the Apes (December 3)
- Welcome to earth (December 8)
- American dad (December 8)
- Disney Princess Remixed, the great princess party (December 10)
- PJ Masks – season 4 (December 15)
- Foodtastic (December 15)
- Arendelle Castle Yule Log : Cut Paper Edition (December 17)
- The Favorite Years (December 22)
- Mary Poppins Returns (December 22). 57 years ago, the whole world got acquainted with Mary Poppins. Carried away by the charm and the mischief of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, the film conquered the public over its releases and re-releases. What was more ignored, however, is that author Pamela L. Travers had written several books starring her famous heroine, and that many adventures could still be told. It’s now done with The Return of Mary Poppins. With always more than one trick up her sleeve, the famous nanny now takes on the features of Emily Blunt and brings street light lighter Lin-Manuel Miranda and the children of Michael Banks into her wonderful world.
- The world of Bingo and Rolly – season 2 (December 22)
- Paddington (December 24)
- Paddington 2 (December 24)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks (December 24)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 (December 24)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks 3 (December 24)
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Go all out (December 24)
- Boule & Bill (December 27)
- The Book of Boba Fett (December 29). Known for a certain “Holiday special” broadcast at the end of 1978 on American television after the global success of Star Wars, the character of the hunter / mercenary Boba Fett immediately aroused sympathy and enthusiasm among fans of the saga. ‘we thought he had disappeared swallowed by a Sarlacc in Return of the Jedi, he reappeared in season 2 of “The Mandalorian” before taking his first steps today as the hero of the new Lucasfilm series launched at the end of it year at the rate of one episode per week: “The Book of Boba Fett”. Boba Fett is this time accompanied in his adventures by the mercenary Fennec Shang. After venturing into the shallows of the galaxy, the two return to the middle of the Tatooine dunes to claim the territory once ruled by Jabba the Hutt and his crime syndicate …
- The Choe Show (December 29)
Disney + catalog: the essential films and cartoons
Disney + brings together all the universes: Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars et National Geographic
The Star Wars and The Mandalorian saga
Disney + has opened the doors to a large catalog of films and series for young and old. Starting with the stamped series Star Wars, The Mandalorian, a creation Disney + Originals. All Star Wars can also be viewed from the platform, and the animated series The Clone Wars ! The second season airs on Disney + since October 30 2020 to the delight of its fans who discover 8 new episodes. During this new season, Mando and Baby Yoda continue their journey, confront numerous enemies and rally allies as they traverse a dangerous galaxy.
Disney and Disney Pixar classics
The Disney + catalog of course offers classics of his own, in large numbers such as 101 Dalmatians, Cinderella, or Frozen: no less than 500 promise the creators. Want to redo your collection Pixar ? It is also possible with Toy Story 4, Cars, or even Ratatouille.
For the two Marvel fans, good news, they are complete. Thor, Avengers, Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spiderman, X-Men, Captain America, Iron Man … The heroes with superpowers invade the living room to save us!
Simpsons, Malcom … The cult series
The list is still long, for a very rich catalog which is not intended only for children. Nostalgic for cult series? You can take the opportunity to redo yourself the complete Simpsons, Malcolm or Futurama. Leisure therefore, but also culture with National Geographic signed programs. The platform continues to produce original series, which it diffuses in droplets, and which arrive just after their broadcast in the United States.
Disney Star, a new offer on Disney Plus
Disney Plus launched a new offer on February 23 called Disney Star. Intended for adults and adolescents, it offers more than 40 series (Big Sky, Lie to me, Modern family, Sons of anarchy) and 250 films like Pretty Woman, Titanic, the devil wears Prada or the Planet of the Apes. Also on the program, the saga of films Alien Where Labyrinth, Romeo + Juliet, 6 days 7 nights Where Kazakhstan. Star will also broadcast original series, such as the thriller Big Sky from producer David E. Kelley, the romantic comedy Love, Victor or the animated series Solar Opposites. In addition, parents who wish to watch Star will be able to protect their children from sensitive content by creating a profile for each member of the household (indicating their age) and by conditioning access for each profile to a PIN code. The youngest will thus be able to continue watching their cartoons on disney + without their parents worrying! The Star offer is included in the Disney + subscription which increases by 2 euros per month for new subscribers. Former subscribers will not see their subscription increase until August 2021.
Child profile and parental controls on Disney +
On Disney +, you can create up to six profiles, with access for the little ones. The child profile is created from the home page and acts as parental control. When you choose the child account, as on Netflix, the films offered are adapted to the age of the youngest. Thus, films not recommended for children or with an age limit offered in the Disney + catalog do not appear in the suggestions. Children will therefore find categories such as “Mickey and Friends “,” Animals and Nature “, or” Disney Junior“. Feature films like the sagas Star Wars Where Pirates of the Caribbean, Avatar, or Marvel films are no longer offered, leaving parents the choice to allow their children to watch them from their personalized profile.
On February 23, a new parental control feature ” will be implemented and will allow, in addition to the ‘child profile’, to create profiles by age (6 years and +) in order to provide access to the content of the service in line with the user’s age. Since January already, films such as “Peter Pan”, “Beauty and the Tramp”, “The Jungle Book”, “Dumbo” or “The Aristocats”, which some say convey racist clichés, are no longer accessible. by child profiles but can be viewed by adults.
How much does the Disney + subscription cost?
A Disney + subscription costs 66.99 euros per year. Or, if you prefer, you can take out a monthly subscription at 6.99 euros. The formula is without engagement. To cancel it, all you have to do is request it. The termination then takes effect at the end of the payment period. Another possibility: subscribe to Disney + on your box. But it is not accessible independently like Netflix, it must be subscribed within a Canal + pack. The channel is the only one to benefit from the partnership. This gives you access to all of Canal’s cine / series offer in addition, for the sum of 36.90 euros per month.
Disney + comes in the form of an app. You can download on all media : smartphones, tablets, computers, connected televisions (via the myCANAL application) or even game consoles. Amazon Fire tablets and Fire TV sticks also allow viewing of the Disney + channel. Finally, it is possible to create 7 user profiles, to be simultaneously accessible on 4 screens different and download videos without limitation on 10 devices. Unlike Netflix, where the price of the different subscriptions gives access to more or less services, the single Disney + subscription at 6.99 euros is sufficient for all these options. On the quality side, Disney + plans to put some videos in 4K. Perfect for watching classics in cinema mode at home!