At the beginning of the week, the People’s Artist of Russia was hospitalized in the 52nd hospital in Moscow. At first, 77-year-old Alexander Filippenko was treated at home, but then he nevertheless came to the hospital with the initial stage of pneumonia.
A photo: Boris KUDRYAVOV
At the beginning of the week, the People’s Artist of Russia was hospitalized in the 52nd hospital in Moscow. At first, 77-year-old Alexander Filippenko was treated at home, but then he nevertheless came to the hospital with the initial stage of pneumonia. “KP” called Alexander Georgievich to find out how he feels today.
– I feel great. And most importantly, I absolutely trust doctors. They put me on drips and give me a massage. Covid confirmed, – said Alexander Filippenko in a hoarse voice.
– Where did you catch covid?
– Yes, they played the play “The Taming of the Shrew” (Mossovet Theater – Ed.) either on July 25, or on July 26. After that, he fell ill, and Yulia (Vysotskaya) also seemed to fall ill. She is being treated at home. I decided to lie down in the country. But Konchalovsky called me and said: “What are you pulling, fool? We have to go to the hospital. Covid is serious.” Andrey Sergeevich literally kicked me out to the hospital. And thank God I got here. There are excellent doctors, comprehensive attention. I am satisfied.
– Did your wife say that you are being discharged at the end of the week?
– It is unlikely. Covid needs to be dealt with, although I have had it before. But he caught up again. There are other health issues as well. The hip joint is disturbing. But I’m postponing the operation.
– What are your plans for the new season? In the fall, you are planning a premiere – the play “Hamlet” staged by Evgeny Marchelli.
– In this performance I have a small role – the shadow of Hamlet’s father. Lately, I’ve only been playing fathers – in The Taming of the Shrew, Katharina’s father, now here’s Hamlet’s father. What can you do: such an age …