Gmail has an option to cancel sending an email. However, by default, the time to perform the operation is about five seconds before the message reaches the recipient. But don’t worry, as the service allows you to change this time to a longer period.
Today the TecMundo teaches you how to unsubscribe from an email sent in Gmail, and how you can change the time to perform the procedure. Check out:
How to cancel sending email in Gmail?
Before, it is important to emphasize that the procedure of canceling an email it only works moments after the message is sent. From there, do the following:
1. Once the message is sent to the recipient, a message box will appear in the lower left corner. Click on the “Undo” option;
You must click on the “Undo” option to cancel the sendingSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
2. Then, if the email has been successfully canceled, the same box will display the following message: “Sending undone”;
If the email has been successfully canceled, this message will appear on the screen.Source: Reproduction / TecMundo
3. The canceled email will appear on the screen where you can make changes such as changing the recipient, adding or removing attachments, or simply deleting it if you no longer want to send that content.
How to increase the time to unsubscribe from an email in Gmail?
So that the message is not sent in a moment, it is possible to change its configuration so that you have more time to decide whether or not you want to cancel the sending of an email. Here’s how to change the deadline:
1. Open Gmail in your browser;
2. Click on the gear icon, located in the upper right corner, as shown in the image below;
Click on the gear to access Gmail settings optionsSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
3. Then, click on the option “See all settings”;
4. Go to the option “Cancel submission” and click on the down arrow in the text box;
5. Choose the time your email can be unsubscribed. Options range from 5 to 30 seconds;
Change the period to cancel your messageSource: Reproduction / TecMundo
6. Done, now there is more time to undo the sending of the message before it is forwarded to the recipient.
Now that you know how to cancel and increase the time to take action in Gmail, you no longer have to worry about sending incomplete messages, or to the wrong recipient, and not being able to stop your sending.
In addition to allowing you to unsubscribe from sending emails, Gmail also has a confidential mode. See how to use the function here.