A list of Russian universities has been approved that will provide methodological and consulting support to universities in the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics.
This was announced by Minister of Science and Higher Education Valery Falkov at a meeting with Chairman of the State Duma Committee on Science and Higher Education Sergei Kabyshev and Minister of Education and Science of the DPR Mikhail Kushakov.
The corresponding order has already been signed.
Partners will be:
– St. Petersburg Mining University and Donetsk National Technical University,
– Russian University of Economics named after G.V. Plekhanov and Donetsk National University of Economics and Trade named after Mikhail Tugan-Baranovsky,
– Moscow State Law University named after O.E. Kutafin and Donbass Law Academy,
– Don State Technical University and Donbass National Academy of Civil Engineering and Architecture,
– Southern Federal University and Gorlovsky Institute of Foreign Languages,
– Moscow Automobile and Highway State Technical University (MADI) and Donetsk Academy of Transport,
– Belgorod State Technological University named after V. G. Shukhov and Donbass State Technical Institute,
– South-Russian State Polytechnic University (NPI) named after M. I. Platov and Lugansk State University named after Vladimir Dahl,
– Kabardino-Balkarian State University named after Kh. M. Berbekov and Lugansk State Pedagogical University.
In the future, the list of universities will be expanded to include all the universities of the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics.
– Our task is to help the universities of Donbass to develop. Leading Russian universities have taken the initiative to become curators of specialized universities in the DPR and LPR, Valery Falkov noted. – The main resource is the intellect, time and attention that we must devote to our colleagues. Refresher courses for teachers of higher educational institutions of Donbass are already running, platforms for collecting and transferring educational and scientific literature have been opened.
The next step, according to the head of the Russian Ministry of Education and Science, will be the “Double Diploma” program for universities in Russia and the Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics. Students from the DPR and LPR will be able to pass the final state certification at their university and at the university of the Russian Federation upon graduation in order to receive two diplomas.
– Education has always been a key area that determines the life of the people in the future. We are faced with a difficult task of restoring the education system of the DPR, improving both the quality of education for the younger generation and the qualifications of existing teachers, – said Sergey Kabyshev.
According to the Minister of Education and Science of the DPR, Mikhail Kushakov, today Donetsk universities, with the support of Russian universities, are undergoing Russian state accreditation. Graduates are preparing for a double final certification in order to receive diplomas from Russian universities.