Mega blackout in Yucatan: Accident at the CFE, leaves several states without power

Mega blackout in Yucatan: The blackout that affected users in Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatán was the result of an accident involving a worker, the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) reported in a statement.

Users of the Yucatan Peninsula, Quintana Roo and Campeche They denounced a massive blackout that caused the interruption of cell phone services, internet and traffic lights in large areas of these states.

DON’T GO TO YOU: VIDEO ‘There are so many murders in Mexico’, Pope Francis mourns the death of Jesuit priests

Too many ads?

Reduce advertising

The failure in the electricity supply by the Federal Electricity Commission (CFE) extended to tourist areas such as Cancun, Tulum and Playa del Carmen; affecting one million 300 thousand users throughout the region.

The company State electricity company replied that the causes are being investigated of the interruption and that apparently the interruption was due to the outage of the 400 Kv transmission line, “which affected the supply of electricity between users in the states of Yucatán, Quintano Roo and Campeche.

He indicated that “in the Peninsular Distribution Division, on May 22 at 8:32 a.m., the 400 kv Automatic Load Trigger operates due to the start of operation of the lines DZT A3Q40 TIC, DZT A3Q50 TIC, DZT A3Q60 RMY, DZT A3Q70 RMY, 600 Megawatts (MW) and 690 thousand users in those same states were affected”.

YOU CAN ALSO READ: They shoot a man while having breakfast in a taco place, businesses close out of fear

That is, according to what was said by CFE, blackouts in the region are not new and they start to recur.

Through a statement, the state electricity company justified that, in order to maintain the stability of the National Electric System, the CFE executes, in coordination with CENACE, the activities to restore the electric supply.

YOU CAN’T MISS: Motorcyclists murder 2 men in full coexistence, there is one more serious

So far, he said, 479,788 users have been restored, which represents 36% of the total affected.

The Federal electricity commission announced that between 08:32 and 08:40 hours six high-voltage lines went out of operation, which affected 1.3 million users in the states of Campeche, Quintana Roo and Yucatán.

NLD

In this note:

Leave a Reply