The draw held on Friday, April 1 in Doha determined that the Moroccan team will debut in Qatar 2022 in view of Croatia by group F who also make up Belgium Y Canada. The team will thus open their sixth World Cup round and will try to extend their winning streak in the Qualifiers.
Also read: Visa and TN take you to Qatar 2022™: meet the lucky four who will travel to support the National Team
How the Moroccan team arrives at the Qatar 2022 World Cup
Morocco sealed the World Cup classification on Tuesday, March 29, after beating Democratic Republic of Congo 4-1 (5-2 on aggregate) in the second leg of the final phase of the African Qualifiers.
Before that, in the group stage he won all six games he played: there he scored 20 goals and only one was scored.
Who are the players of the Moroccan team for the World Cup in Qatar 2022
Goalkeepers of the Moroccan team
- Yassine Bounou (Seville, Spain)
- Munir El Kajoui (Al-Wehda, Saudi Arabia)
- Ahmed Reda Tagnaouti (Wydad AC)
Morocco national team defenders
- Nayef Aguerd (West Ham, England)
- Yahia Attitat-Allal (Wydad)
- Badr Benoun (Qatar SC, Qatar)
- Achraf Dari (Stade Brestois, France)
- Jawad El-Yamiq (Valladolid, Spain)
- Achraf Hakimi (PSG, France)
- Noussair Mazraoui (Bayern Munich, Germany)
- Romain Saiss (Besiktas, Turkey)
Morocco national team midfielders
- Selim Amallah (Standard Liège, Belgium)
- Sofyan Amrabat (Fiorentina, Italy)
- Bilel El Khanouss (Genk, Belgium)
- Yahya Jabrane (Wydad)
- Azzedine Ounahi (Angers, France)
- Abdelhamid Sabiri (Sampdoria, Italy)
Morocco national team forwards
- Ez Abdé (Osasuna, Spain)
- Zakaria Aboukhlal (Toulouse, France)
- Sofiane Boufal (Angers, France)
- Ilias Chair (QPR, England)
- Walid Cheddira (Bari, Italy)
- Youssef En-Nesyri (Seville, Spain)
- Abderrazak Hamdallah (Al-Ittihad, Saudi Arabia)
- Amine Harit (Marseille, France)
- Hakim Ziyech (Chelsea, England)
Fixture of the Moroccan team in the World Cup in Qatar 2022
- Morocco vs. Croatia: wednesday november 23
- Belgium vs. Morocco: sunday november 27
- Canada vs Morocco: thursday december 1
In which stadiums will the Moroccan team play in the World Cup in Qatar 2022?
- Morocco vs. Croatia: al khor stadium
- Belgium vs. Morocco: al thumama stadium
- Canada vs Morocco: al thumama stadium
Position in the FIFA ranking of the Morocco team
The Moroccan team ranked 24th in the FIFA Ranking 2022.
Also read: The Argentine National Team will play its last friendly before the World Cup against the United Arab Emirates on November 16
Who is the DT of Morocco for the World Cup in Qatar 2022
The coach of the Moroccan team It’s Walid Regragui. He took office at the beginning of August of this year.
Born in Corbeil-Essonne, Regragui, this 47-year-old Franco-Moroccan played for several French clubs (Toulouse, Ajaccio, Dijon, Grenoble) and was international with the Atlas Lions.
During a brilliant season, Regragui won the African and Moroccan league titles this year with Wydad Casablanca. He had taken office in August 2021 and announced his official departure a year later.
- Players on squad: 27
- Middle Ages: 26.3 years
- Players abroad: 24 (88.9%)
Who is the best player of the Moroccan national team?
Achraf Hakimi he works as a right back for PSG and is the Moroccan flag in international football. He is only 23 years old and is one of the best in the world in his position.
He is a defender with a lot of offensive weight and has four goals with his country’s national team.
How many World Cups did the Morocco team play?
This will be the sixth participation of Morocco in World Cups. Previously, he played the editions of Mexico 1970 and 1986, United States 1994, France 1998 and Russia 2018.
The only time they managed to get past the group stage was in Mexico ’86, a competition in which they were eliminated in the round of 16 by Germany.
- World Cup Mexico 1970: Morocco finished their participation in 14th place (eliminated in the first round)
- World Cup Mexico 1986: Morocco sealed their participation in 11th place (eliminated in the round of 16)
- United States World Cup 1994: Morocco won 23rd place (eliminated in the first round)
- World Cup France 1998: Morocco finished their participation in 18th place (eliminated in the first round)
- Russia World Cup 2018: Morocco finished their participation in 27th place (eliminated in the first round)
Also read: Qatar 2022 World Cup Fixture: days and times of the 64 matches
History of the Moroccan team against Argentina
The Moroccan team faced the Argentine team 3 times
Morocco vs Argentina
Friendly – 03/26/2019
- Morocco 0 vs 1 Argentina
Friendly – 04/28/2004
- Morocco 0 vs 1 Argentina
Salta Cup – 04/20/1994
- Argentina 3 vs 1 Morocco