The head of Primorye again put on a military uniform. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– … Oleg Nikolaevich, hello! This is Sasha Gamov from Komsomolskaya Pravda, from Moscow.
– Yes, Sasha, hi, I’m listening.
– Just a couple of questions. I have received information that you, having returned from the Donbass, where your compatriots-Primortsy are fighting, have already visited military training camps.
– Well, yes. Passed military training – per diem, with the management of enterprises, with the heads of municipalities.
Prior to this, the head of Primorye twice visited the Donbass. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
They taught them the skills of “communication with weapons”, many of them have not even held a machine gun in their hands for 20, 30 years.
We looked at how our army is equipped, what technologies are now, what weapons, in order to know what our guys are fighting with.
And the most important thing now, I think, is the question for the head of the enterprise … – they should be aware of who is going to serve under the contract, who is a volunteer, so that in cities and towns they treat these guys with respect, take care of their families, keep their workers places. So that the volunteer and the contractor know that, after doing their duty, they will return to the enterprise, where they will also receive their salary.
Military training was held with the participation of the management of enterprises and with the heads of municipalities. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
Well, what about there, in Ukraine, they are on a business trip, and the family will be here – under the protection of enterprises, his friends, his team. This is also very important.
And such a collective, well-coordinated participation in military training, without fail – with weapons – it helps us to take a more responsible attitude to the tasks that the state faces today in combating Nazism in Ukraine.
– Oh, that’s it! Moreover, the weapons are new now, so you say, some of them “have not smelled gunpowder” for 20-30 years.
– Of course, the army has changed significantly, modernized, new types of weapons, new technologies are coming. Guidance, surveillance, navigation systems – everything else.
That is, time here – in our army – does not stop.
But it’s not just about equipment.
This is how the interaction of different types and units of our Armed Forces is established today, how the soldiers coordinate and hone their actions … How the “work” between artillerymen, between gunners, and observers is established. Again – you need to imagine the conditions for conducting an infantry battle there, what skills are needed.
The participants of the training camp looked at how our army is equipped, what technologies and weapons are now. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
To get them – now there are, including all kinds of simulators.
Yes, and the machine is already different …
– You are just like a real military man.
– Well, but how!
– Tell me, have you been at the military training camp for a long time, except for your two trips to the Donbass?
– Of course, I was not here, in Primorye, at the training camp, but when I worked in the Amur Region, on Sakhalin (Oleg Kozhemyako was the governor in these regions. – A.G.) – we definitely held them there and participated ourselves.
Collective participation in military training helps to take a more responsible attitude to the tasks of combating Nazism, which Russia is solving in Ukraine. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– Now you not only put on a military uniform, you also had a chance to shoot … Is it true that you fired at a tank with a grenade launcher and a machine gun?
– We had all kinds of weapons. And fire from a grenade launcher, and shooting from a tank, and from a machine gun, and from a machine gun. Everything that was possible, everything, as they say, has passed.
– But did you hit the target?
– Got it. (laughs)
– That’s how many tanks you personally “knocked out”?
– From a grenade launcher hit twice. From a machine gun – also hit, however, there were two shots, but that’s nothing.
– Ah, well…
– Then the line went well.
The head of Primorye hit twice from a grenade launcher. From a machine gun – also hit. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– How many people took part in the training camp?
– Now I can say for sure – 150.
– Wow! And how long did the firing last for that day?
– Well, all day long.
– Wow! It’s clear. Tell me, did you go there in formation, or how, or not?
– Well, how – movements, formations, of course, in a column, in formation, and so they were divided into groups and each group went through its own stage of training.
The head of Primorye regularly participated in military training when he worked in other regions – the Amur Region, on Sakhalin. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– Did you have any kind of forced marches?
– No, there was no such thing, well, where is it? Many guys are 55 and plus, and more. “Too early”…
Here it was important for us to understand and “understand the situation” – what the Russian army is now.
– Well, they helped you, yes, your trips to the Donbass, you were in good shape at these training camps, right?
– Well, it’s not just about that, the question is that, having passed the training camp, you better understand what is happening there now – at the forefront?
By the way, we also visited the base, where a battalion-tactical group is being formed and trained right now, which will soon advance to the area of a military special operation.
Therefore, of course, there the training itself is very close to “combat conditions”.
Both officers and those who are engaged in combat training are people who have undergone an operation in the Donbass.
The actual shooting continued all day long. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– But I remember when I was at your house, there the uniform of your paratrooper son hung in a conspicuous place. Haven’t you been given permanent uniforms yet?
– No, I have the usual – “crucified” – and what is there, hanging.
– Ok, I see. You have been to Donbass twice. And now – at the training camp. You have already felt like such, in general, a military person somewhere to some extent. Almost like a governor-general or not?
– Well no. Well, absolutely not. Now we are faced with the task of manning here, with us, those reserves that are needed to carry out a special operation. Plus to this – the collection of parcels and the organization of humanitarian assistance in general to the Donbass.
And so, from time to time, we, of course, will drive up to our guys.
– So you are going to Donbass again?
– As needed.
And here it is very important – both for those who are at the forefront and for us – that this connection between us be close and continuous.
150 people took part in the gathering. Photo: personal archive of Oleg Kozhemyako
– Well, and, probably, the final question. You look with different eyes – that’s what is happening there, how the military special operation is going on … What are your forecasts, feelings, or something – what kind of spirit is there, on the front line?
– You can see that our army “breaks the situation.”
Well, I want to say, and the spirit is good, fighting, and they have learned to fight already in modern conditions.
And we are seeing this, and the advance of our troops is becoming more noticeable, we are seeing the successes of our army, therefore, of course, the operation will end in our victory in any case.
Well, here, perhaps, there is no need for a lot of haste. Any haste, it can lead to any unjustified losses. Why is this?
– Clear. Thank you! Happy holiday to you – Happy Russia Day!
– Happy Russia Day!