The mayor of Chita, Alexander Sapozhnikov, went as a volunteer to the NVO zone. Photo: Office of the press service and information of the Governor of the Trans-Baikal Territory / Personal archive
The day before, Alexander Sapozhnikov himself called me on my mobile phone and told me in detail why he decided to voluntarily leave the post of mayor in order to go to the zone of a special military operation.
Here’s what else the ex-head of Chita said…
On the decision to return to the army
– I am a patriot of my Motherland, my grandmother is a veteran of the Great Patriotic War (God rest her). I love my homeland, my country, I don’t leave anywhere, and I never intended to. It is a great honor for me to defend my country. Of course, you also need to work in the rear, this is also work, this is the front, I don’t argue, but I made such a decision ..
He led the city, engaged in hand-to-hand combat …
– But Alexander Osipov, the governor of the Trans-Baikal Territory, also told me about you that you were constantly engaged in hand-to-hand combat. Or what?
– Yes, I have been constantly, for a long time already. (To stay in shape.)
“I don’t turn on the speakerphone – the military unit is the same”
– Tell me, Alexander Mikhailovich, can you get a closer pipe? And the audibility is not very good. You don’t have a speakerphone, by any chance?
– No, no, I’m not including here. The military unit.
– And in military uniform you have not yet been photographed?
– Not yet.
– Can you ask your fellow soldiers to click you? – Today, yes? Well, maybe not on the street – the army is here. Only indoors. (After 15 minutes, the KP.RU correspondent received an SMS: “Sent the photo.” And the picture itself, which you see here, immediately arrived by e-mail.)
About how he received a concussion in Chechnya
– Tell me about concussion. Well, you mean the circumstances?
– A shell exploded nearby.
– Well, okay.
– That is, he was still a soldier, an 18-year-old boy. Until the age of 19, a little was not enough.
Refers to President Putin in his resignation letter
– So Governor Osipov almost cried when he told me that you were released. Did you apply directly? What was in the statement?
– Well, I ask you to mobilize me, in accordance with the Decree of the President of the Russian Federation. The same is written.
– And how did you resign?
Well, he just resigned, that’s all. I am writing – I ask to be relieved of my post in connection with the departure to the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation. In connection with the mobilization And that’s all, I wrote. (By the way, this application was submitted on November 18.) I think the deputies will already accept my resignation on Thursday. (So it happened. But until November 24, already in the unit, Sapozhnikov was still listed as the head of Chita.)
“My wife and daughter don’t take pictures with me”
– Can you send me a photo – for publication, where are you with your wife and daughter?
Well, I’ll ask my wife. I apologize, neither my daughter nor my wife is ever photographed. They say: you are a politician, and we are your wife and your daughter.
Hand to the visor – not “honor to give”, this is a military greeting
– Tell me, how is it – first to be a big boss, and then suddenly – once – you are a subordinate, you must trump, salute now?
It’s called a military salute. That’s right.
– I served in a musical platoon, so I can be wrong in terms.
About President Putin
– I pray to God that he be healthy, that he be our president for a long, long time. And it is a great honor for me to live in this country, in Russia, with such a president.
Subscribe to Dmitry “Goblin” Puchkov’s new podcasts and listen when it’s convenient!