Kyiv began to recognize catastrophic losses
A photo: REUTERS
in Donbass up to 1,000 Ukrainian soldiers are killed or injured daily. These figures were announced by the head of the Ukrainian delegation at the talks with Russia to resolve the conflict. David Arakhamia. Moreover, he did it not just anywhere, but during a visit to Washington.
According to him, on average, 200 to 500 people die per day. Up to a thousand are injured. Officials in Ukraine have not yet voiced such a figure. Just a week ago – June 10 – Advisor to the Head of the Office of the President of Ukraine Mikhail Podolyak estimated the daily loss of Ukrainian forces at 100-200 servicemen killed. Even earlier, on June 1, Zelensky himself spoke about the losses for the first time. He stated that his country was losing “between 60 and 100 soldiers killed and about 500 wounded in combat” daily. Over the past two weeks, said Arakhamia, this number has increased significantly.
It is worth noting that before that, the Ukrainian side did not talk about losses in principle. Sometimes only slipped from the main speaker of the Office of the President Alexey Arestovich, what they are. And telegram channels controlled by the Ukrainian propaganda center raged in the competition “who will come up with a large number of killed Russians.”
But now everything has changed. Kyiv began to admit catastrophic losses. But why? The director of the Center for Political Information told about this on the air of Radio KP Alexey Mukhin:
– One would think that the Ukrainians are trying to soften the West and get new weapons on the blood of their own citizens. Finally. But I think that we are talking about changing the manuals. Such a touching unity suggests that all this is done according to the conductor’s orders. And this pointer, unfortunately, sometimes hits on the head. They hit him on the head again and everyone was stunned into silence – it turns out that they are losing, the territories are being lost.
– What became this pointer?
– She hit when Henry Kissinger spoke at the forum in Davos. They were then told: “Guys, negotiate. You have to make concessions.” After all, before that, the training manual either broadcast: “You are warriors, you must resist, you win, you are practically in the Urals,” or any information was simply cut off from the Russian side, which, by the way, relatively soberly assessed both its own capabilities and the capabilities of Ukraine.
– Is it a British or American pointer?
– There is no “or”. This is both a British and an American pointer. Ukrainian is an affectionate calf who is trying to suck two queens. It turns out very bad. Milk comes in from two sides, but flows past because there is only one sip.
Military special operation in Ukraine June 16, 2022: live online broadcast
The kp.ru website publishes online the latest news about the Russian military special operation in Ukraine on June 16, 2022 (details)
On the brink of a chemical disaster: Ukrainian troops surrounded at the Azot plant
KP.RU military correspondent Oleksandr Kots told what will happen to the Ukrainian military surrounded at the Azot plant (details)
Tens of thousands of Ukrainians are sent to the front: Will mass mobilization help Kyiv
Political scientist Yakov Kedmi named the real goals of mass mobilization in Ukraine (details)