Came the day. The Argentine national team puts first in the Qatar World Cup 2022 and begins his way in the contest. Debuts before Saudi Arabia within the framework of the first date of Group C, in a stadium of lusail that has capacity for more than 80 thousand spectators and that will look full.
It will be the first time that these two teams meet in a World Cup. The meeting will begin at 7:00 p.m. (Argentine time) and will be televised by TyC Sports, Public TV Y DSports. The referee will be the Slovenian slavko vincic.
Also read: The intimacy of the National Team before the debut: Messi and Scaloni had gestures that went down well with the squad
The Argentine National Team has already overcome the casualties of Giovani Lo Celso, Nicholas Gonzalez Y Joaquin Correa. With all the protagonists recovered, the Scaloneta wants to extend its undefeated: in case of not losing this Tuesday, it will match the historical mark that it maintains Italywith 37 games without defeat.
Saudi Arabia, for its part, will play its sixth World Cup and will try to repeat what was done in 1994, the only time it passed the Group Stage. The Arab team all have footballers who compete in their country and most play for Al-Hilal, led by Ramon Diaz.
Argentina: Emiliano Martinez; Nahuel Molina, Cristian Romero, Nicolás Otamendi and Nicolás Tagliafico; Rodrigo De Paul, Leandro Paredes and Alejandro Gomez; Angel Di Maria, Lautaro Martinez and Lionel Messi. DT: Lionel Scaloni.
Saudi Arabia: Mohammed Al Owais; Saud Abdulhamid, Abdulelah Al Amri or Hassan Tambukti, Ali Al Bulayahi and Yasir Al Shahrani; Feras Al Brikan, Mohammed Kano, Abdulelah Al Malki and Salem Al Dawsari; Salman Al Faraj; Saleh Al-Shehri. DT: Herve Renard.
Details of Argentina – Saudi Arabia
Referee: Slavko Vincic (Slovenia), assisted by his compatriots Tomaz Klancnik and Andraz Kovacic.
VAR: Paulus Van Boekel (Netherlands) and Bastian Dankert (Germany).
Stadium: Lusail (Doha).
televise: Public TV, TyC Sports Y DSports.
World Cup Qatar 2022: the records that Messi can break
- Leo will be the first Argentine to play 5 World Cups. He played 19 games with the Argentine National Team and ranks third in the all-time table with the most appearances, behind mascherano with 20 and of Maradona with 21. In case of playing the complete Group Phase, he would become the footballer who wore the albiceleste the most times in the World Cup.
- Lothar Matthaus He is the player who was present in the most World Cup matches, with 25. If Messi participated in six games, he would also take that title from the German.
- If he played 90 minutes in the seven games, he would be the footballer with the most minutes played in World Cups, because he would add 2,254 minutes and surpass Paolo Maldiniwho played 2,217. And if he won all the matches, including the Semifinal, he would become the player with the most wins in World Cup history.
- Messi was captain in 12 World Cup matches: if the Argentine team reached the Round of 16, it would catch up with Diego, who took the title 16 times.
- If the star from Rosario scored a goal in football’s greatest event, He would be the first Argentine to score at least one goal in four different World Cupsas Maradona Y batistuta they also scored on three.
- He is only 4 conquests away from reaching the Bati mark: 10 goals in World Cups.