Sven Nordmann
  • fromSven Nordmann

    shut down

Marcel Niesner is said to have left the youth of FC Gießen and is returning to the coaching team of the regional soccer division FC Gießen – the club responds to a request with a message.

“I am absolutely convinced that we will get the points we need to stay in the league.” With this clear statement, Daniyel Cimen rounds off the first week of preparation for FC Giessen. Before the start of the remaining round of the regional soccer division on February 12th, we will give you an overview of the current state of affairs at FC Gießen.

Marcel Niesner changes from youth to the regional league coaching team: What had been known for weeks was then confirmed by the club on Friday afternoon: Marcel Niesner is returning to the FC Gießen coaching team in the new year and is supposed to be the “new co-trainer for the individual analysis and individual training of the team.”

Rumors that Niesner is said to have surprisingly said goodbye to his U17s as a trainer between the years and that they now need a new trainer are not dispelled with the press release. It is vague there that Niesner’s job was previously to be the head coach of the U17s.

Niesner himself, emergency board member Turgay Schmidt and branch manager Christina Rauber could not be reached by phone on Friday.

Just as difficult as reaching those responsible at FC Gießen in the last few months is getting an overview on the club’s homepage. Anyone who wants to find out more about the youth can only find a reference to the current contact persons Etienn Römer and Daniel Maximilian von Hahn on the club’s website – nothing more. Anyone who wants to see the current squad of FC Gießen will also be disappointed: The team photo of the 2020/21 season stands out on the homepage, players who have long since left the FC Gießen team, such as Milad Salem, Jann Bangert or Marco Boras, are also listed as FC players. With renewed vigor and at the same time a lot of catching up to do, FC is starting the year 2022.

Hope for a full band at the start on February 12th: The regional league team is only two points behind a non-relegation place – in the remaining 14 games, the red-whites want to secure the third league in a row. The basis for this: More personnel alternatives than in the previous season. That can improve now: “I assume that next week all players will be in training or at least running,” says Daniyel Cimen, who explains that Marco Vollhardt is still part of the coaching team.

Giuseppe Burgio, Niclas Mohr, Louis Münn and Dennis Owusu are definitely missing for today’s first test match against FSV Mainz 05 II (venue open). During the winter break, FC also complained about two other positive corona cases in the team. “But it was always mild,” says Cimen.

Preparatory work on the offensive game: During the five-week training period up to the start against Bahlinger SC (Saturday, February 12th, 2 p.m., Waldstadion), FC wants to focus on the offensive game. With 20 hits, the Giessen are currently the weakest attack of the southwest squadron. “We hope that the often failed players in the back series will be available to us until the end,” says the coach. “We have good quality. That should show itself through automatisms. «The hopes rest also on the regional league experienced Burgio and Ko Sawada. FC has been worn at times in the season so far by the two 20-year-olds from Giessen, Owusu and Donny Bogicevic. For further stress control, it is of great importance to properly introduce the actors who were last hit: “The players have to listen to their bodies. Sometimes a day less stress is better. “

Four test game opponents in winter time: After strength and stabilization tests with the Justus Liebig University in Giessen on January 7th, after a whole week of training, FC is going to the first preparatory game against FSV Mainz 05 II today ), Regional division Schott Mainz (January 29) and Hessen division SC Waldgirmes (February 5).

Well-known reinforcement for direct competition: After the sporting director Christian Memmarbachi said in mid-December 2021 at talks with players during the winter break: “Contract cancellations are conceivable”, Cimen now says: “There is currently no stand. We are convinced of our squad.”

Several direct competitors in the relegation battle have increased significantly over the years. FSV Frankfurt signed the 35-year-old ex-professional Marcel Heller, who was last under contract with the second division club SC Paderborn and had been without a club since the summer, tied with Gießen. “Marcel is our dream player, an absolute reinforcement,” said coach Thomas Brendel.

The SG Sonnenhof Großaspach is currently penultimate in the table and attracted attention with the signing of the new coaching duo Hans-Jürgen Boysen and Sascha Mölders. The 36-year-old striker, known from FC Augsburg and TSV 1860 Munich, will act as a playing assistant coach. The 33-year-old Manuel Konrad, who has already played 200 second division games in defensive midfield, was also signed.

Corona alarm is currently currently at TSV Steinbach Haiger. 13 (!) Players showed a positive PCR test this week – the club is in contact with the health department of the Lahn-Dill district.

Leave a Reply