In Today’s Covid-19 balance, the Minsal updated the measures to leave or enter the country. It should be remembered The authorities had determined to close the borders before the arrival of the Delta variant of the coronavirus in Chile. However, due to the positive evolution of the pandemic, these measures will be relaxed.
From the Minsal they assured that Different measures and restrictions will continue to be taken for the exit and entry to Chile, with supervision, surveillance and controls at border crossings. We will continue to test those who enter, monitoring the health conditions of travelers and strict isolation will be required.
Below we will tell you what are the new measures to enter or leave Chile.
What are the new measures for entering and leaving Chile?
The new border control rules will govern as of Monday, July 26, 2021 and they contemplate the following measures:
Who can leave Chile?
1. Chileans and foreigners residing in Chile with:
– Mobility pass enabled. Does not include minors without a Mobility Pass (Only through Arturo Merino Benítez Airport)
– Exceptional permit to leave the country, obtained in Virtual Police Station already tried. To obtain this there are four causes: humanitarian nature, essential steps for the traveler’s health, essential steps for the proper running of the country and residing abroad.
2. Foreigners not resident in Chile who leave the country with their passport from the country of origin.
Who can enter Chile?
1. Chileans and foreigners residing in Chile
2. Foreigners not resident in Chile (only exceptions):
– Safe conduct of the consulate of origin.
– Decree 102 of the Ministry of the Interior.
Entry requirements to Chile:
– Affidavit (available at c19.cl)
– Negative PCR test
– Travel medical insurance
Sanitary measures when entering Chile
– 10 days of mandatory strict isolation (at home or hotel in transit, depending on the traveler’s conditions).
– Tracking travelers for 14 days (self-report, testing, inspection and isolation in health residence for positive cases)