The Cuban gardener of the Texas Rangers, Jose Adolis Garcia, dispatched his 30th homer of the current season of the Major League Baseball – MLB, also bringing with that hit some records.
In the meeting between the Houston Astros and the Texas Rangers, the Cuban shot his 30th homer of the season and with that brought some records for his palms as a player.
In the bottom of the third inning on a 2-1 count, with a teammate at first base, Garcia unleashed his power and sent the Astros pitcher’s pitch flying and placed it behind the fence between right and outfields. central.
Here’s the home run:
Adolis Garcia – Texas Rangers (30) pic.twitter.com/FDKmSA9vff
— MLB HR Videos (@MLBHRVideos) September 15, 2021
Adolis’ victim was experienced pitcher Zack Greinge, who dropped his 84.6 MPH slider in the power zone and it blew it 438 feet between center field and right field.
Records reached with home run 30
- Adolis Garcia tied Pete Incaviglia’s mark for rookies with the most home runs for the Rangers, a record that had been in effect since 1986.
- No 28-year-old rookie in the majors has more home runs than the Cuban, beating Christian Walker of the D-backs who had 29 home runs.
- It was ranked 4th in the history of players born in Cuba with the most home runs in a rookie season:
- 1. José Abreu (36, 2014)
- 2. José Canseco (33, 1986)
- 3. Tony Oliva (32, 1964)
- 4. Adolis García (30, 2021)
- 5. Yordan Álvarez (27, 2019)
@AdolisJose In addition, he is ranked 4th in the history of Cuban-born players 🇨🇺 with the most HR in the rookie season:
1. José Abreu (36, 2014)
2. José Canseco (33, 1986)
3. Tony Oliva (32, 1964)
4. Adolis García (30, 2021)
5. Yordan Álvarez (27, 2019)
– Francys Romero (@ francysromero10) September 15, 2021
In his MLB career, Adolis Garcia is hitting .239, stole 10 pads, hit 128 hits in 535 boxing appearances while driving in 82 runs and scoring 74, hitting 30 homers, all in this season 2021.
With these figures, the Cuban is in the fight for the Rookie of the Year award.