Schaerbeek: three intoxicated people were hospitalized

They are not in critical condition. A call was made for help with a medical problem. An ambulance and a SMUR (Mobile Emergency and Resuscitation Service) were dispatched to the scene. The paramedics’ CO detector went off when they entered an apartment on the ground floor. In reaction, they evacuated the 10 inhabitants of the building, opened the windows and asked that firefighters be mobilized on the spot. The emergency services transported 3 intoxicated people who lived on the ground floor to the hospital.

“The whole building was filled with CO, but the 7 inhabitants of the floors were able to return to their apartments after ventilation and checks”, explained the spokesperson for the firefighters. “There was no problem with their boiler. Only the one on the ground floor, which was of a different type, had a problem. It was sealed with the gas meter by Sibelga”, the manager of gas and electricity networks in Brussels.

Disclaimer: If you need to update/edit/remove this news or article then please contact our support team Learn more

Leave a Comment