The app allows parents to know what their children are doing in it. With the ‘family sync’ function, TikTok seeks that there is parental control over adolescents so that they are not exposed to images that are not appropriate to their age, or that they spend too much time inside the app.
TikTok It has become one of the most used applications today, thanks to its way of watching videos. This means that minors also use it constantly. Nevertheless, its use can lead to the exposure of personal data or even dangerous “viral challenges”.
For this reason, TikTok has generated that all user accounts between the ages of 13 and 15 are private. Also, have developed parental control function such as ‘family sync’which can be activated with a few simple steps.
LOOK: How did your contacts save you? The risks of giving all your information to suspicious applications
How do I turn on ‘Family Sync’ on TikTok?
1. A parent, or legal guardian, you must have an account in the application. Only in this way can this function be activated.
two. Go to your profilewhich is accessible by the ‘I’ button at the bottom, and then press the three dots on the top right.
3. In the options that appear, go to ‘General’then go to ‘digital detox’.
LOOK: How much personal data is sold for on the internet (and what to do if ours is exposed)
4. Inside you will see the section ‘Family Sync’ and you will choose the option to place yourself as the “legal guardian”. You will be able to modify the settings and decide the usage time limit (it can be set to 40, 60, 90 or 120 minutes) or prevent strangers from sending messages to the minor, for example. Also, there is the ‘restricted mode’ to avoid the appearance of inappropriate content, according to the app itself.
5. then you will have to use the teenager’s smartphone. Within TikTokthe same steps are carried out, but in this case it will be indicated that this account is that of the minor.
6. Use the button ‘Scan code’ to read the QR code that was generated on the adult’s cell phone.
7. Finally, you just have to click on ‘Link accounts’ Y ‘Link’ to complete the sync.