Know what things are not allowed to do in Qatar during the 365 days of the year.
Taste It is a country that has found itself in the center of the hurricane these days. Let’s remember that he has not only attracted attention for being the host of the Soccer World Cup 2022, which we remember lost its opening match against the South American team of Ecuador, but also, its laws and restrictions that are not common on this side of the planet draw attention. You are with the things that are not allowed in Qatar.
What is not allowed in Qatar?
According to the Statista statistical portal, these are the main things that are not allowed in all of Qatar:
- smoking or vaping in public spaces
- Possess, consume, or sell drugs
- drunkenness, drinking alcohol in public or in places without a license
- Calling names and making rude gestures in public; post material online that is insulting or slanderous
- film or photograph unlicensed people and places
- to import drugs, alcohol, pornographyproducts derived from pig and books or religious material
- Do betting and/or organizing games of bets
- wear clothes with bare shoulders and knees
- Kissing, hugging and other demonstrations public privacy
- Cohabitation, sexual relations and pregnancy outside of marriage
- Any type of homosexual or LGBTIQ+ behavior
- Insult or offend Allah, the Koran, the Islamic religion and/or its rites; promote other religions.
According to the same information from the report carried out during the month of November, it is noted that:
“The Qatari authorities strongly recommend both men and women to visit the country keep your shoulders and knees covered. Tourists should also make sure not carry items considered harmless in other latitudes, such as sex toyswhich could be framed under the crime of importing pornographic material, or pork productswhose consumption goes against Muslim precepts”.
Where is Qatar?
Catar (in Spanish), or Qatar, is to the eastern Arabian peninsula and shares distance with others such as the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Oman, among other nations.
On the other hand, the Qataris are governed under Islamic law to Sharia. This religion is based on the texts of Islam and 77% of the population is Muslim. Of the 100% of the inhabitants, 90% consider themselves Sunnis and 10% Shiites.
In addition, they have a lpredominantly Arabic language. However, they speak Northern Levantine Arabic, Southern Levantine Arabic, and Egyptian Arabic, so it’s not the same for everyone.