The Colombian Governmentthrough the Department of Social Prosperity, grants economic support called Families in Action in order to alleviate the economic problems of the citizens of the country as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The goal of this incentive is to condition school attendance and health care for children and adolescents. Check all the details of the deposit for the month of April and how to know if you are one of the beneficiaries.
Last April 10 was the last day to collect the first cycle of 2022 of Families in Action. However, Social Prosperity has not yet announced a new payment schedule, but they reported that they continue to work to guarantee the continuity of the operating cycle and the delivery of financial support.
Susana Correa, director of the Department for Social Prosperity, explains a little more about the Solidarity Income for the months of March and April. Source: Social Prosperity.
What municipalities make up Families in Action?
Familias en Acción has a classification of municipalities into four groups that allows differentiating the actions in the territory, according to the degree of urbanization and multidimensional poverty.
- Municipal Group 1: Bogota
- Municipal Group 2: Armenia, Barranquilla, Bucaramanga, Cali, Cartagena, Cúcuta, Florencia, Ibagué, Manizales, Medellín, Montería, Neiva, Pasto, Pereira, Popayán, San Andrés, Santa Marta, Sincelejo, Tunja, Valledupar and Villavicencio.
- Municipal Group 3: Municipalities with incidence of poverty by MPI below 70% (2005 census data).
- Municipal Group 4: Municipalities with incidence of poverty by MPI of 70% or higher (2005 census data). This group includes the departmental corregimientos.
How do I know if I am a beneficiary of Families in Action?
To find out if your family is part of Families in Action 2022: https://focalized families.prosperidadsocial.gov.co/#popup33 and then follow these steps:
- Enter the option ‘Check here if it is focused’.
- Enter the type of document (identity card, citizenship card, civil registry or foreigner’s card).
- Write the document number.
- Write your first name and then the first last name
- Indicates the date of issue of the document.
- Select the ‘I am not a robot’ checkbox and wait for the system to verify the information.
What are the payment methods?
The Department of Social Prosperity announced that after a hiring and selection process carried out by the National Public Procurement Agency, it was determined that throughout 2022 the operators in charge of delivering the money from the Families in Action program throughout the national territory will be the delivery company SuperGiros and the Movii digital application.
According to Social Prosperity, Movii will be the official operator in 828 municipalities in the country and will deliver the resources to banked households through a mobile application, which allows cash withdrawals, payments for public services, payments in stores, transfers to other accounts electronic wallet and international money orders. For its part, SuperGiros will deliver the aid through the money transfer modality to the unbanked in 277 municipalities, thanks to the fact that it has a wide service network nationwide.