After the great day that the Dutchman had Max Verstappen at the Emilia Romagna GP of the Formula 1where the champion established complete dominance, Red Bull moved closer to Ferrari in the drivers’ and constructors’ tables and will be looking to repeat history in the Miami Grand Prix.
Max Verstappen he achieved the Grand Chelem in Imola: he was the fastest in the classification and took pole position, he won the sprint race on Saturday and the Grand Prix on Sunday, and he also obtained the additional point that the author of the lap record receives.
charles leclerc (Ferrari) and Sergio PerezVerstappen’s teammate completed the podium in the sprint, while the Mexican and Lando Norris (McLaren) did so in Sunday’s race, as Leclerc spun and finished fourth.
Max Verstappen and Checo Pérez attended a Miami Marlins baseball game on Wednesday.
Meanwhile, for the first time since 1984 the Formula 1 will have two grand prizes in the United States. On October 23, he will return to the country to carry out the Grand Prix of the Americasin Austin, the capital of Texas.
The passage through Miami is unprecedented, since until now the category had passed through the circuits of Sebring, Riverside, Watkins Glen, Long Beach, Las Vegas, Dallas, Detroit, Phoenix and Austin.
Formula 1: Miami will be one of the two venues that the United States will have this season.
The fifth day of the calendar will be held at the Miami International Autodrome, on an urban circuit located around the Hard Rock Stadium. It will have a new layout, with 19 curves and 5.41 kilometers in length.
The only pilot of the Formula 1 The one who managed to test the track before the works were finished was Checo Pérez, who defined it as “a good circuit, with a slightly twisty area that is quite difficult to hit”.
“I just hope that the asphalt is good, and that we can have good races, because when we get to new circuits we find some good surprises,” he added.
Formula 1: Max Verstappen will use a new helmet for the Miami GP.
For its part, Max Verstappen He will seek to repeat the great day he had at the Emilia Romagna GP (Imola), and to celebrate the arrival of Miami on the calendar, he will wear a helmet designed with the colors of the American city.
“For Miami, as it is the first time, I am very excited to go and I thought why not add a bit of the Miami Vice tonic. I really like it, it is one of my favorites. I really want to use it,” said the Dutchman. .
Schedules and how to watch the training and classification of the Miami GP on TV
According to the schedule in Argentina, free practice 1 and 2 will take place on Friday, May 6 at 3:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m., respectively, while the third round of rehearsals (at 2:00 p.m.) and classification (at 5:00 p.m.) will take place on Saturday the 7th. For its part, the race will start on Sunday the 8th at 4:30 p.m.
the season of the Formula 1 It can be followed through the category’s own platform (F1 TV Pro), with the contracting of the package of all competitions, in addition to training and qualifying tests.
Likewise, it will also be available via streaming on the Disney platform, Star Plus, while Fox Sports will broadcast training sessions 1 and 2 on Friday at 11:30 p.m.
Position table (pilots)
- Carlos Leclerc (Ferrari): 86
- Max Verstappen (Red Bull): 59
- Sergio Perez (Red Bull): 54
- George Russell (Mercedes): 49
- Carlos Sainz (Ferrari): 38
- Lando Norris (McLaren): 35
- Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 28
- Valtteri Bottas (Alfa Romeo): 24
- Esteban Ocon (Renault): 20
- Kevin Magnussen (Haas): 15
- Daniel Ricciardo (McLaren): 11
- Yuki Tsunoda (Alpha Tauri): 10
- Pierre Gasly (Alpha Tauri): 6
- Sebastian Vettel (Aston Martin): 4
- Fernando Alonso (Reanault): 2
- Zhou Guanyu (Alfa Romeo): 1
- Alexander Albon (Williams): 1
- Lance Stroll (Aston Martin): 1
- Mick Schumacher (Haas): 0
- Nicholas Latifi (Williams): 0
- Ferrari: 116 points
- Red Bull: 99 points
- Mercedes: 77 points
- McLaren: 39 points
- Alfa Romeo: 23 points
- Renault Alpine: 22 points
- Alpha Tauri Honda: 16 points
- Hass: 14 points
- Aston Martin: 5 points
- Williams: 1 point
Formula 1 Calendar
- Spanish GP – May 20 to 22
- Monaco GP – May 27-29
- Azerbaijan GP – June 10-12
- Canadian GP – June 17-19
- British GP – July 1-3
- Austrian GP – July 1-3
- French GP -22 to 24 July
- Hungarian GP – July 29-31
- Belgian GP – August 26-28
- Dutch GP -2 to 4 September
- Italian GP – September 9 to 11
- Singapore GP – September 30 to October 2
- Japanese GP – October 7-9
- United States GP (Austin) – October 21-23
- Mexican GP (Mexico City) – October 21-23
- Brazilian GP (Sao Paulo) – November 11 to 13
- Abu Dhabi GP – November 18-20