During this month of August, as established in the payment schedule, the Solidarity Income will enter a new payment cycle for beneficiaries who are within the Sisbén IV. The National Government of Colombiathrough the Department of Social Prosperity, supported the deposit of this subsidy and those subsidiaries will have the opportunity to collect their money in these weeks. Check the exact date and what will be the amount that will touch you according to the score you have in the system.
On the other hand, during the month of July, the Department of Social Prosperity -the entity in charge of the various social programs in Colombia, such as Solidarity Income, Families in Action, VAT Refund, Youth in Action and Colombia Mayor- stayed without a president, following the resignation of Pierre García Jacquier, who had been in office since March.
García Jacquier’s reasons were not revealed to the public, but the details that were revealed about his resignation letter share characteristics with those of other officials of the outgoing government who have stepped aside after the triumph at the polls of the president-elect, Gustavo Petro.
“I am certain that time will show that the work carried out was for the good of all our compatriots, that the achievements made have made Colombia a better country.”, he recently stated after his resignation from the position was made known.
It must be taken into account that the beneficiaries who belong to the Solidarity Income in Colombia are families with limited economic resources identified in the Sisbén IV databases, which classifies families by “their ability to generate income and quality of life”, according to the Department of National Planning.
However, it is important to remember that those families that are part of the Solidarity Income are not authorized to belong to other social programs in Colombia such as Families in Action, Youth in Action, that have sales tax compensation, or the Consumer Protection program. Senior Adult, Senior Colombia.
Differentiated payments of Solidarity Income
1. Households with one person per household:
- Group A: $420,000 Colombian pesos.
- Group B: $410,000 Colombian pesos.
2. Households with two or more people per household:
- Group A: $435,000 Colombian pesos.
- Group B: $420,000 Colombian pesos.
Finally, households that are part of group C, according to the Sisbén IV classification, will continue to receive 400,000 pesos every two months.
How to collect Solidarity Income in August?
Before you know how to collect the Solidarity Income in Colombia, you have to find out if you are one of the beneficiaries through Sisbén IV which, together with the National Planning Department (DNP), created updated information on households that need financial support, excluding beneficiaries of other cash transfer programs.
Later, to receive your money as part of the August Solidarity Income program, you must enter https://ingresosolidario.prosperidadsocial.gov.co/ and verify that the option is active, for this you must have all the data of the citizenship card in hand.
The Solidarity Income is collected through digital wallets or money orders, regardless of whether or not they have bank accounts. Among the best known means of payment are Nequi, Daviplata, Bancamía, Movii and a dozen banks that offer this service for those who have banking services. To claim the subsidy at one of the 27,000 points in Colombia, it is important to present the ID physically.
Solidarity Income Registration: August payments
The Solidarity Income Program does not handle registrations or raffles of any kind. The selection of potential beneficiaries is made through the information registered in the Sisbén.
Payments of the Solidarity Income: since when has this cycle been carried out?
The Solidarity Income began a new payment cycle on July 18 to stop thousands of people in a situation of vulnerability as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and other social, political and economic crises that afflict the country and the world. However, it will now continue to be paid with an increase based on the beneficiary’s score.
The financial situation of many beneficiaries has not changed over the months, which has forced the authorities to give continuity to the payments of the corresponding drafts. Various social programs have been promoted in Colombia in recent years, such as Families in Action, Youth in Action, Solidarity Income and Colombia Mayor.
Solidarity Income payment dates
All payments corresponding to 2022, when the program increased coverage, began to be deposited from the second week of March and will be made every two months, like this. (The first payment was in January to 3 million families). Since March they have increased to 4 million.
According to the updated calendar, the next Solidarity Income delivery dates are:
- Fourth payment: third week of July (corresponds to the months of July and August)
- Fifth payment: second week of September (corresponds to the payment of September and October)
- Sixth payment: second week of November (it is the last turn that covers the months of November and December)
How do I know if I am a beneficiary of Solidarity Income?
To check if you are a beneficiary of the program, you must register on the program page. Here we tell you how to do it:
- Enter incomesolidario.prosperidadsocial.gov.co
- Click the SIGN UP button located at the top right of the page.
- In the Citizen Digital Authentication service, log in with your ID number if you are already registered or go to REGISTER HERE.
- In the TYPE OF ACCESS, select REGISTRATION WITH IDENTITY DOCUMENT and continue with the process.
- Once you are registered, go back to the program page and log in (steps 1, 2 and 3).
- Upon entering the system, a window will appear with the information of the registered user. Check the data and close the window.
- Click on the CONSULT DRAFT AND BENEFICIARIES button. Finally, a window will appear with the information related to your household (if you are a beneficiary, state of the household, etc.).