Despite WhatsApp It is the most used instant messaging application in the world, it is not the best if we are talking about functions, since Telegram, its main competition, has better tools than the aforementioned green platform; however, WhatsApp guarantees you security and privacy, since they have end-to-end encryption, a feature where only you and the person you chat with are the only ones capable of reading, seeing or listening to everything that is sent, even backups are encrypted.
WhatsApp continues to reinforce the security of its application, because this time they are developing a tool called “login approval”, which will prevent cybercriminals from easily taking over your account, reported the technology portal WabetaInfo.
Currently, login to the account of WhatsApp from a third person is not a complicated task, since it is enough for the criminal to duplicate the SIM card of your phone and open your account in a secondary mobile device, equipment where he will place that fraudulent chip so that the “verification code” arrives by SMS, the only thing you need to access and review your conversations.
HOW TO PREVENT YOUR WHATSAPP ACCOUNT FROM BEING STOLEN
“Login approval” is currently in the Beta version of WhatsApp 220.127.116.11 for Android devices, it is likely that in the next few days or weeks it will also reach iOS users. How does it work? simple, If someone tries to access your account from another phone, your cell phone will receive the following alert “Allow moving your WhatsApp account to another phone?”you have two options: “Allow” or “Do not allow”, if it is not you, choose the last one.
The new security alert will also detail some very important data, such as the time, brand and model of the smartphone where they tried to steal your account, as shown in the following image that you attached WabetaInfo in your page.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD WHATSAPP BETA FOR ANDROID
- First, enter the Android Google Play Store and search for the application WhatsApp.
- Click on the first app that appears and scroll down.
- Find and tap the “Become a beta tester” option. If you don’t see it then access this link to go directly.
- Now, click on the “Become a verifier” button.
- Accept the conditions and you will have to wait a bit for you to start downloading WhatsApp Beta.
THESE ARE THE 10 WHATSAPP PLUS FUNCTIONS THAT WHATSAPP OFFICIAL ALREADY HAS
- Sending large files: This year, WhatsApp left behind the scarce 100 MB that it offered you as a limit to send a multimedia file, since now you are going to share elements that weigh up to 2 GB at most.
- Chat personalization: WhatsApp Messenger already allows you to add a different background to each conversation, you can also apply a light or dark theme.
- Status “Online”: Although it has not yet reached the official app, WhatsApp is testing in its beta version who can see your connection status and which contacts this information is blocked.
- Photos and videos without compression: if you don’t want to lose the quality of the photos and videos you should send them as documents.
- See statuses without them knowing, listen to audios and read messages without the double blue check appearing: this tool has been on WhatsApp for years, by deactivating the read confirmation you will be able to see statuses, listen to audios and read messages without your friends knowing that you have seen the content of their conversation. Does not apply to group chats.
- Unlock the app with fingerprint: Some mobiles are compatible with an important security and privacy function of WhatsApp, since to enter your account and see your chats you must first place your fingerprint.
- automatic responses: WhatsApp has different versions, one of these is WhatsApp Business, which has the option of automatic responses to the messages you receive.
- temporary messages: in each conversation you can activate this function so that your messages, documents, photos, videos and audios disappear after 24 hours, 7 or 90 days.