Anne Hathaway’s career has been marked by a series of movies of different genres. He was, for example, in the dramatic comedy “The Devil Wears Fashion” and in the action movie “Batman: The Dark Knight Rises.” The actress has shown that she can be part of a wide range of characters.
Thus, there was an opportunity in which he gave life to a female writer in a romantic drama. The film, based on a novel of the same name by David Nichollswon the affection of the public to this day, eleven years after its premiere.
The tape is “Always the same day” (“one day” in its original language), the film directed by Lone Scherfig which appeared in 2011. The British-American production had Hathaway and Jim Sturgess like its protagonists. Learn more about the movie that will break your heart and how you can see it in streaming.
WHAT IS “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY” ABOUT?
The film focuses on the love story between Emma and Dexter, a romance that starts unsuccessfully and turns into a friendship that lasts for many years. They met at a college graduation and their lives became inextricably intertwined.
The protagonists meet on July 15, 1988 and they have a tradition to honor that day every year. She is an enthusiastic young woman who dreams of publishing a book but must go through a series of bad and low-paying odd jobs.
Dexter, on the other hand, knows fame at an early age. and becomes a teen star on television, with lots of money, dates and other excesses. It seems that her life is aimed at success, unlike Emma, who must strive to get more economic income.
The plot break will occur when Dexter’s career and life goes into decline. The tape, in this way, is a record of how time changes the cards, making the game cruel, beautiful or terribly boring for its protagonists. Bordering the risks of talking about romance, the film manages to move with a hopeful ending about love, despite the pain.
WHO ARE THE ACTORS AND CHARACTERS OF “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”?
- Anne Hathaway as Emma.
- Jim Sturgess as Dexter.
- Romola Garai as Sylvie
- Tom Mison as Callum
- Rafe Spall as Ian
- Ken Stott as Dexter’s father.
- Patricia Clarkson as Dexter’s mother.
- Jodie Whittaker as Tilly.
- Jamie Sives as Mr. Godalming.
- Georgia King as Suki Meadows.
HOW TO WATCH “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”?
The movie “Always the same day” (“one day”) is available on the streaming platform Netflix and you can see it, online, by clicking on this link.
TRAILER OF “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN THE BOOK AND THE MOVIE
- In the book Dexter has a sister, she is not referenced in the movie.
- In the book, Dexter Mayhew is described as a dark-skinned boy with short black hair. In fact, Emma at one point makes fun of his “ugly and ridiculous” hairstyle. However, in the film he is played by Jim Sturgess.
- Emma writes long letters to Dexter, while he only sends her postcards with short captions. In the movie, this is simplified through calls.
- Emma gets to work as a stage actress before being a waitress, but in the film this is not counted.
- Dexter and Emma jump into the sea on their walk together. However, in the film they do it in a swimming pool.
- At Tilly’s wedding, Emma and Dexter hang out and make up in a maze, not on a rooftop as depicted in the movie.
- When Emma and Dexter finally decide to get together, they do so inside Emma’s apartment, not by the River Seine as shown in the film.
TECHNICAL SHEET OF “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”
- Original title: one day
- Address: Lone Scherfig
- Production: Nina Jacobson, Tessa Ross (Executive Producer), Jane Frazer (Co-Producer)
- Script: David Nicholls
- Based on: One Day by David Nicholls
- Music: Rachel Portman
- Photography: Benoit Delhomme
- Mounting: Barney Pilling
- Production companies: Random House Films, Film4 Productions, Color Force
- Distributor: Focus Features (for the US) and Universal Pictures (for the UK)
- Budget: $15 million
- Box office receipts: $59 million
AWARDS AND NOMINATIONS FOR “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”
The famous film has also managed to get important recognition. It is so Anne Hathaway She was awarded Favorite Actress at the People’s Choice Awards.
COUNTRY, DURATION AND GENRE OF “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”
- Country: United States, United Kingdom
- Year: 2011
- Gender: romantic drama
- Duration: 108 minutes
- Idiom: English
SOUNDTRACK OF “ALWAYS THE SAME DAY”
- Elvis Costello’s “Sparkling Day”
- “Roll to Me” by Del Amitri
- “Aftermath” (Hip Hop Blues) by Tricky
- “Reverend Black Grape” by Black Grape
- “Born of Frustration” by James
- “Rocks” by Primal Scream
- “Praise You” (One Day OST Version) by Fatboy Slim
- “The Rhythm of the Night” by Corona
- Angels by Robbie Williams
- “Life Is a Rollercoaster” by Ronan Keating
- “Sowing the Seeds of Love” by Tears for Fears
- “Joy” by Francois Feldman
- “Tear Off Your Own Head (It’s a Doll Revolution)” by Elvis Costello
- “One Day Main Titles” by Rachel Portma
- “Wedding Chorus” by Rachel Portman
- “July 15th” by Rachel Portman
- “We Had Today” by Rachel Portman