So that someone can communicate with you through WhatsApp it only needs your phone number, however, sometimes the messages that a certain user sends you are not the most pleasant, because sometimes they tend to threaten you, send you a lot of spam content, go to bed, etc., for these reasons it is possible to block a contact and there are different ways to do it. From Depor we will explain in detail the procedure of each one, so take note.
LEARN ALL THE WAYS TO BLOCK SOMEONE ON WHATSAPP
When you already have an open chat with that contact
- First, make sure that WhatsApp have no pending updates from the Android Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
- Now, open the app and enter the conversation with that contact you want to block.
- The next step is to press the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, choose the ones that say “More” > “Block”.
- Finally, the app will ask you if you really want to block that user, tap on “Block”.
When there is no open chat and that contact made calls or video calls to you
- In the main interface of WhatsApp Click on the tab labeled “Calls”.
- Then, tap on the name of that contact or the number (in case you don’t have it registered).
- Here you are going to click on the three dots above.
- Finally, tap on the “Lock” > “Lock” option.
From WhatsApp settings
- Open the updated application and press the three points.
- Go to “Settings” > “Account” > “Privacy”.
- Scroll down and go to the “Blocked Contacts” section.
- You will get the number of blocked users. In this part you must press the “Add” icon (top right) it is like an unknown person next to the plus (+) symbol.
- Then simply select the contact you want to block. It is necessary to point out that you can only block the people you have registered.
Block an unknown number starting a conversation
- Open the chat when you get the message from that unknown number.
- Do not enter the content that it sends you, since it could be a malware virus that compromises your personal and banking data.
- If you don’t recognize the number, ideally you should block it.
- To do this, two tabs will appear at the top of the conversation: “Block” and “Add”, of course click on the first.
- The last step is to check the lock.
HOW TO MUTE A CERTAIN CONTACT DURING A WHATSAPP GROUP CALL
- You need to belong to a group chat WhatsApp that has at least 3 members (including you).
- Enter the group conversation and click on the phone icon that is located in the upper right corner.
- When everyone answers the call, tap the photo or name of any contact you want to mute.
- A mini window will open at the bottom with the name of that contact next to two options: “Write message to (contact name)” and “Mute (contact name)”, choose the second.
Done, that would be it. This is how you mute a person during the course of a group call, but keep in mind that you will only have muted it for yourself and not for the other members, if they do not want to hear it they have to follow the same procedure.
Does it make sense to mute someone in the middle of a group call? the answer is yes, and the aforementioned application belonging to Meta has a good excuse that supports the new option for groups. WhatsAppindicates that if any of the contacts forgets to mute or has not realized that they have entered the call, it is possible to remove the audio so that the noise of their environment does not affect the entire communication, since for example: that person could be on the bus, stadium, concert, etc., places where there is a lot of noise.