The Americans do not understand that this time Russia’s ultimatum is serious. And it won’t merge
Professor of the Higher School of Economics, Candidate of Political Sciences Dmitry EVSTAFIEV answered the questions of Komsomolskaya Pravda radio host Sergei MARDAN about why there was such a smell of gunpowder between Russia and the West, which could just burst.
THIS IS A “YARD TO YARD” DISASSEMBLY – EVERYONE SHOWED THEIR STRENGTH AND DISSOLVED TO “THINK”
– Let’s try to play a game called “geopolitics”. Russia-NATO talks. Well, in this context, Kazakhstan. What is going on? How do you assess all this? Is it positive? Anxious?
In general, in a circle, I rate it positively. We tried – and, mind you, everyone – Russia, the United States, Europe, and various behind-the-scenes villains, to play the element of the Great Game, choosing for this a country that is not a pity. This country turned out to be Kazakhstan. It turned out that nobody really felt sorry for her. And this is a big hint to Kazakhstan, where they decided that they could also have their own globe.
What can I say? So far, no one is pulling the Big Game. All sorts of Britons pull it a little more, but only because they know how to get away in time.
It is in the context of this that the Russia-US and Russia-NATO negotiations should be perceived. This is also an element of the Big Game, which answers the question: Are we ready for a big deal? No, not ready.
Therefore, everyone showed their strength, everyone looked at each other and dispersed to “think”.
The only thing that was absolutely unnecessary was the conversation with NATO. I understand this as a person who at one time worked in NATO – there is definitely nothing to talk with them about.
And everything else – yes, the assessment of the enemy during the showdown yard to yard. That’s all.
We tried – and, mind you, everyone – Russia, the United States, Europe, and various behind-the-scenes villains, to play the element of the Great Game, choosing for this a country that is not a pity. This country turned out to be Kazakhstan
SHOULD TALK WITH THE BULLD, NOT THE COLUMNS
– So no one initially with NATO, it seems, was going to talk. In the draft Security Treaty between Russia and the United States, in general, it was about the fact that two countries should agree, and all the others, including NATO, are their number sixteen. And, nevertheless, agreed to a meeting with NATO. What for?
– I ask exactly the same question. Number sixteen? They don’t have a number yet! NATO is just a propaganda platform, as we have been brilliantly convinced of. I didn’t see anything, except for the exercises of Stoltenberg, making an increasingly less adequate impression. That is why it was necessary to throw this chicken – I emphasize – bone to the European allies of the United States – I do not understand. Well, if we have chosen the USA as our partner, then let’s not be distracted by various incomprehensible lapdogs, Livrets. Talk to the bulldog!
Just notice how meaningful the conversation with the bulldog Biden was, which was meaningful as a result. And there was a propaganda extravaganza with NATO.
NOBODY HEARD ABOUT RYABKOV, AND HE IS THE STRONGEST FIGURE!
– And the conversation before this between the deputy foreign ministers of Russia and the United States – Ryabkova and Sherman – is it generally serious?
– He is the most serious. Let’s be honest. Here’s what to talk about with Blinken (US Secretary of State – Ed.)? I am an extremely cynical person, but even I do not know what to talk about with him? Even in Washington, they don’t know what to talk about with Blinken! Slowly they will now deport him somewhere to a more responsible area. And Sherman and Ryabkov today are the best negotiators in Russia and the United States. There are not even questions here.
– Do you rate Sherman so highly? We have never heard of her before.
– You might think that many of us have heard about Ryabkov. And he is one of the strongest figures in the world! Well, Sherman – yes, there is an age problem. The Komsomol member is approaching the age of leaving the Komsomol … But this is the best that the United States has. Better not. If you don’t want to talk to Sherman, you will have to talk to Nuland, but this is definitely not an option.
Sherman and Ryabkov are the best negotiators in Russia and the USA today
THE AMERICANS WAITED THAT THE FIRE IN KAZAKHSTAN WILL EASE US. And it turned out the other way around
– Returning to Kazakhstan. Was the CSTO troop deployment a fortunate coincidence before the start of negotiations with NATO?
– First of all, let’s not over-praise. The operation was limited in scope. About three thousand paratroopers. This is not the Kursk Bulge even once.
Nevertheless, in such a time frame only three countries can perform such an operation in the modern world. Rather, two and a half. These are the USA, Russia and half, perhaps, France. Therefore – welcome to the club of countries that are capable of playing the Geopolitical game!
For us, it was an unfortunate coincidence of circumstances BEFORE the CSTO operation. And it looks very strong AFTER the CSTO operation.
Accordingly, the mood of the Americans deteriorated. They went to negotiations without a plan “B”. Plan “A” – to crush us, to frighten us also by the entry of Sweden and Finland into NATO. And wait for us to come with Kazakhstan blazing, very weak. But it turned out differently.
The operation was limited in scope. About three thousand paratroopers. This is not the Kursk Bulge even once
CHINA IN KAZAKHSTAN ZEVNUL. SECOND TIME – DOESN’T YINN.
– In the future, how do you assess the relationship between the United States and China in this context? And in this configuration, where will the place of Russia be after the events in Kazakhstan? It will not be possible to get away from Kazakhstan now, it seems to me, for some time.
– It is quite obvious that Kazakhstan is a “holiday” that will be with us for the next five years. Because China does not yawn a second time. And now he yawned.
Is that what the situation in Kazakhstan has shown? Three things.
That can be ignited easily.
That in order to capture cities, many people are not needed.
And the third. This is bad for everyone. Is it bad for China to burn Kazakhstan? Badly. Is Russia with a common border of almost 8,000 kilometers bad? Badly. Uzbekistan is unbearable!
Who is it good for? Americans. Was there at least one pogrom there in companies owned by the Americans or the British? No. Everything was on fire everywhere. And they had money dripping. Therefore, the United States has worked out the scheme. We also worked out the scheme. China yawned. And everyone retreated to the positions from which they began. Kazakhstan remained in the center of this ashes, where it was decided that everything would be the same as before.
Will not be. This is the first thing.
Second. You have to be very naive not to understand that the Americans have been considering the Caspian region as one of the centers of the new geopolitical game for 2-2.5 years. It is unacceptable for the United States for Russia to consolidate the industrial core of Eurasia around itself. This is the goal of the United States, not to intimidate us with the expansion of NATO.
The States, unlike many of our people, who fall into hysterics at the word “NATO”, know the price of NATO. And they know that NATO, with the exception of a couple of countries, is a burden. A couple of countries are Great Britain by sea and Poland by land. The rest is a burden. And if the United States decides to seriously wave with us, they will definitely do it without NATO.
All retreated to the positions from which they began. Kazakhstan remains in the center of this ashes
DON’T DO WITHOUT HARD CONFLICT
– It’s time to realize the moment in which Russia found itself. Everyone draws parallels with the Cuban missile crisis. And you write in your Telegram channel that this is generally the time between 1949 and until the early 1970s. When there were a number of conflicts between us and the United States (the bloodiest, of course, the war in Korea, where millions of dead were counted). Could it be true? For example, the war in Ukraine?
– Yes, I think that without a major violent conflict with the victims, the situation will not be resolved. Let’s not forget that the United States came to detente after tens of thousands of victims in Vietnam. And before that there was the Korean War, indeed the bloodiest.
The main thing for us is not to avoid the Cuban missile crisis. The Cuban Missile Crisis is the icing on the cake. The main thing for us is to avoid the Korean War. I think this is still possible. But everything else – and the Berlin Crisis of 1949, when our tanks stood barrel to barrel straight, abutting against each other, and Hungary in 1956, and Czechoslovakia in 1968, and the Cuban Missile Crisis – this is in a zone of quite serious opportunity.
THE AMERICANS ARE SURE RUSSIA WILL UNLOCK
– Do the Americans realize that both Putin’s ultimatum and this series of negotiations are all serious? That Russia is raising rates for a reason?
– No … In America, of course, there are smart people who believe that Russia is serious. But for the most part, Americans are absolutely sure that all this is just another manipulation by Russia in order to raise rates, and then merge, bargaining for indulgences and easing sanctions. They believe that our elite is ready to surrender. But on some honorable terms, which these Russians are bargaining for for themselves.
The Americans do not understand that this time Russia’s ultimatum is serious. And it won’t merge.