The examination confirmed the presence of two poisons in the organisms of those poisoned with watermelon in Moscow
Photo: GLOBAL LOOK PRESS
Traces of two poisons were found in the bodies of a 61-year-old Muscovite and her 15-year-old granddaughter, this was confirmed by an examination, a source familiar with the situation said.
In the bodies of the victims, toxic substances were found, ethylene glycol and cigatrine. Both died of multiple organ failure – their kidneys, liver and heart failed. For fatal poisoning with these poisons, a high concentration was required, reports Ren TV.
As the website kp.ru wrote, the woman and her granddaughter died after consuming a watermelon, which, presumably, got pest control substances. The teenage girl’s mom survived and is still in the hospital.
Traces of ethylene glycol, a colorless and odorless technical liquid, used in particular as antifreeze, were found in the blood of the victims. The substance is extremely dangerous for humans and threatens with poisoning, as a result of which multiple organ failure may develop, often leading to death.
A suspect in the case of poisoning a family with a watermelon in Moscow on Wednesday, September 15, was charged.