The lawyer explained how you can get money back for medicines - Rossiyskaya Gazeta

With Social Tax Credit, you can get some of the money back for drugs prescribed by your doctor or family members. This amount can be about 120 thousand rubles per calendar year. This was stated by the lawyer of the legal group “Yakovlev and partners” Evgenia Ryzhkova, reports “Prime“.

Let us remind you that this amount is common for all types of social deductions, except for deductions in the amount of expenses for the education of children and for expensive treatment.

To receive such a deduction, you need to submit to the tax service an application confirming the right to social deduction by the end of the year in which the drugs were purchased. And also checks, a prescription and a certificate of family composition, if they did not pay for the medicine for themselves.

Then, after 30 days, you will receive a notification that must be given to your employer. This is necessary so that he does not withhold payroll tax.

There is another way to get a deduction. Within three years after the end of the year in which the medicines were purchased, you need to fill out an application for the return of overpaid personal income tax, a declaration and the same supporting documents. And all this should be referred to the tax authority.

After that, money will come to the account you specified, but no more than 120 thousand rubles.

Leave a Reply