It was the Ombudsman’s Office that announced this Tuesday morning that “It was agreed to de-escalate the presence of the minga on the Pan-American highway and the alternate routes”, and a few hours later the first vehicles carrying food had already started to circulate.
This confirms that dialogue is the way to build agreements and social consensus. pic.twitter.com/DaWRxtxcyc
– Ombudsman’s Office (@DefensoriaCol) June 1, 2021
The Catholic Church, which is also acting as verifier in the Government’s conversations with the Unemployment Committee, indicated that the lifting of blockades was confirmed in at least 30 points, indicated Snail News.
Percy Oyola, president of the General Confederation of Workers (CGT), indicated that it was decided to “work in that direction, that of relax everything that has to do with concentrations on the roads and roadblocks “, especially in departments such as Cauca, Caquetá, Huila, Putumayo and Nariño where the CUT said they had “a lot of influence.”
For this reason, the organizers of the demonstrations added more points unlocked, according to Nelson Alarcón, a Fecode spokesman, told the media:
“There are more than 40 points at this time that have been suspended, in the face of these points of resistance, as we have called them, so that the national government today has no excuse for saying that it does not sign the preliminary agreements.”
(Also read: “This social outbreak is going to happen in the world; Colombia must be a reference”: Duque)
Unblocked roads in Colombia
For their part, the Police reported that after the presidential order, other steps were unblocked in Cundinamarca and, for example, normality was achieved on the Bogotá – Facatativá – Albán road.
We inform that the road that leads Bogotá – Facatativá – Albán, is in total normality. Uniformed @TransitoPolicia Y @COL_EJERCITO They have deployed all their capabilities, in order to continue accompanying road users. #ColombiaUnaReason #SafeSupply pic.twitter.com/xobKuYt7AV
– Colombian Police (@PoliciaColombia) May 31, 2021
In the same sense, the authorities have informed the normal passage in other ways after overcoming the blockades.
- Vía Tunja – Bogotá, at the height of the municipality of Gachancipá in the Warehouse sector.
- Bogotá-La Vega, of the El Rosal municipality. Route of entry to the capital and exit to Medellín and the Atlantic Coast.
- The road that leads from the municipality of Ibagué to the municipality of San Sebastián de Mariquita.
- Sector de los Osos, on the Ibagué-Bogotá bypass.
- Tuluá-Buga road section.
- La Tebaida-Mediacanoa road corridor.
- In the way Cali – Mediacanoa, at kilometer 27 of the municipality of Vijes.
- Surroundings of the Bugalagrande municipality in the La Y sector.
- Via Mediacanoa – Buenaventura.
- Kilometer 59, on the El Pescador bridge in the municipality of Hobo.
Interdepartmental routes enabled
- Manizales – Medellín, La Felisa sector.
- Pereira – Manizales.
- Popayán – La Portada.