The suspect in the case of poisoning the family with a watermelon in Moscow is charged
Photo: Oleg ZOLOTO
An employee who carried out pest control in a Moscow store “Magnit” was charged in the case of poisoning a 61-year-old woman and her 15-year-old granddaughter, the Presnensky court of the capital said.
Currently, the man is taken to court for a hearing. He is accused of a crime under Part 3 of Art. 238 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation (“Provision of services that do not meet safety requirements, resulting in the death of a person by negligence”), reports TASS.
We will remind, earlier the investigation asked the court to send the 39-year-old suspect into custody.
As the website kp.ru wrote, the woman and her granddaughter died after consuming a watermelon, which, presumably, got pest control substances. The teenage girl’s mom survived and is still in the hospital.
Traces of ethylene glycol, a colorless and odorless technical liquid, used in particular as antifreeze, were found in the blood of the victims. The substance is extremely dangerous for humans and threatens with poisoning, as a result of which multiple organ failure may develop, often leading to death.