Amauris Peña García, Ramón Antonio Ciprián Espinal and Erquidenio Balbuena Agueda, former mayor of Las Galeras, Samaná, They became the last three people extradited by President Luis Abinader on Tuesday.
It is the second time in less than 15 days that the head of state signs the expatriation of three Dominicans. On September 30, Nock Regalado Arias and Arcenio Feliz Cuevas were expatriates to the United States, and Joel Ramírez Javier to Argentina to answer for alleged links with drugs.
Balbuena Agueda, former mayor of the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD), against whom there are five drug charges in Puerto Rico, and Yamil Abreu Navarro, former leader of the Modern Revolutionary Party (PRM) in Las Lagunas, Padre de Las Casas, Azua, are part political leaders sent to the United States for their relations with drug trafficking.
The first to start the list was Yamil Abreu Navarro, former municipal director of Las Lagunas, with decree 414-20, issued on September 1, 2020, after being asked by the United States to answer three drug charges in court. from New York.
Abreu Navarro, known in Padre Las Casas as a great and respected landowner, was arrested on June 9, 2020, at the height of the electoral campaign, and many considered it a way to weaken Luis Abinader, presidential candidate at that time.
Below, the chronologically issued decrees of Abinader’s extraditions
- On September 9, 2020, Decree 462-20 was signed to send the citizen of that country to the United States. Manuel Batista to serve a 2009 sentence for distributing more than 500 kilograms of drugs in Rhode Island.
- On October 2, 2020, with decree 522-20, the head of state gives the green light for the expatriation of the Creole Angel Cruz Cabrera, who, in 2011, escaped from a prison in Puerto Rico, still missing more than 15 years of a sentence imposed in 1996 for murder, robbery and illegal possession of weapons.
- On November 2, 2020, Abinader ordered the extradition to New York of Moisés Polanco González, requested by the justice for distributing a kilo or more of heroin.
- On November 27, Abinader signed Presidential Order 632-20 to expatriate Francisco Lora to New York, to respond to the accusation of drug distribution.
- On December 17, 2020, the president issued Decree 710-20, which modifies article 1 of 271-19, signed by former president Danilo Medina, to add the charge of possession of heroin in violation of New York’s Criminal Law against the dominican Anyerson De la Cruz Rosarlo.
- On December 23, the ruler signed order 712-20 for the expatriation of the Creole Luis Carmona to the United States, where he was charged with second degree murder and illegal possession of a weapon.
- On January 12, 2021, Decree 3-21 was issued to extradite to Spain Jose Antonio Polanco Diaz, for being “the author of a crime against public health … in its form that causes serious damage to health.” His sentence could be 14 years and he would have a fine of 800,000 euros.
- On February 8, the president issued order 67-21, to send Puerto Rico to Alexander Reyes, accused of drug distribution.
- On February 15, Decree 93-21 was issued in order to deliver to Belgium the citizen of that country Didier Dalcq; and to send the Dominican Isidro Puntiel Soriano to Spain, for a crime that violates public health.
- That day Decree 92-21 was also released to extradite Onéximo Mendez to the state of Pennsylvania, USA, where he was accused of the rape of a child.
- On February 18, Abinader issued decrees 109-21 and 110-21, respectively. With the first, he delivered to France the citizen of that country, Patrick Henri René Civelli, accused of drug sales, criminal association and money laundering. And with the second he extradited the Dominican Guadalupe Baez Gomez to New York, to answer the charge of heroin trafficking.
- On March 1, 2021, the citizen of that country was extradited to France, by decree 120-21, To the City of Madjide, for drug importation.
- On March 3, Decree 141-11 was issued to extradite to Montreal, the Canadian, Verdieu Junior Registration, accused of sex crime and false passport.
- In April 2021, through decree 226-21, the Dominican was handed over to the US justice system. José Comrade Family, accused of drug distribution.
- On April 15, the creole Darío de los Santos Pascal for the sale of drugs in Texas, and it was through decree 249-21.
- On the 23rd of that same month, by presidential order 263-21, the Dominican Francis Tabar Cepeda, accused of distributing more than a thousand kilos of drugs.
- On May 31, Abinader issued Decree 347-21 to send the Dominican to the United States. Rafael Ortega Lora in order for him to serve a seven-year sentence, imposed in 2019, for a first-degree criminal sexual act.
- On June 14, 2021, by presidential order 376-21, the delivery to Italy of the Dominican-Italian was ordered, Virginia Scuderi, sentenced in 2015 to eight years in prison and a fine of 80,000 euros for “committing the crimes of acquisition, possession and transport of cocaine-type narcotic substances.”
- On June 2, Abinader signed Decree 359-21 to deliver the Dominican to the United States. Jose Dominguez, a tobacco man accused of defrauding the treasury of that nation through tax evasion on the importation of cigarettes.
- On July 2, mandate 416-21 was issued to send the Dominican to the United States Angel Columbus. The order given in Pennsylvania had been in force since 2002, but the defendant used three names to evade justice, which was looking for him for rape of a minor.
- On July 26, the president signed the expatriation (decree 459-21) of the Creole Rosa Santiago Rodriguez to serve a 15-year sentence in New York, from where she escaped after being awarded probation on a narcotics charge.
- On August 2 of this year, Presidential Orders 470-21 and 471-21 were signed. The first to send the Dominican to the United States Joan Basilio Morales Nolasco, accused of distributing drugs; and the other, to extradite the Dominican-Haitian Amin Latouff, accused of entering that same nation with false documents.
- On August 6, Abinader signed decree 483-21 for the extradition of the municipal director of Las Galeras, Samaná, Erquidenio Balbuena Agueda, and it was this Tuesday, October 12, that his departure to Puerto Rico materialized.
- On August 13, with decree 507-21, the Dominican was handed over to the Miami court. Joan Humberto Marcelino to answer for five charges related to rape of minors between 12 and 16 years old.
- On August 14, Decree 511-21 was issued, with which it is sent to Amauris Peña García to the United States for drug cases.
- On August 27, he signed order 532-21 to extradite the Dominican Juan Amauris Graciano to serve a 15-year prison sentence in the United States, where he was granted bail for a drug case.
According to the records in the Legal Consultancy of the Executive Power, during the efforts of former President Danilo Medina around 250 people were extradited, most of them for drug trafficking cases.