Two employees of the Postal Service of USA were shot and killed Tuesday in a firearm attack at a Tennessee post office, authorities said.
SIGHT: The US will reopen its land borders in November for fully vaccinated people
The alleged shooter opened fire on the East Lamar Carrier Annex, en Memphis, and later died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The postal inspector of USASusan Link told reporters that both victims and the shooter were postal service employees. “There is no threat in progress”, Held.
- Gabby Petito died of strangulation almost a month before being found, according to autopsy
- Teacher accused of having sex with her 14-year-old student in Miami released
- Woman spends millionaire compensation on gangs to avenge her son’s death
“The FBI is working on the scene and can confirm that the attacker is one of three employees killed by an apparently self-inflicted gunshot wound,” Lisa-Anne Culp, a spokeswoman for the FBI’s Memphis field office, said at the same news conference.
An investigation was launched, he anticipated.
Both Link and Culp declined to elaborate on the shooting.
“The Postal Service is saddened by the events that took place in Memphis today,” the institution said in a statement.
“Our thoughts are with the family, friends and co-workers of the people involved.”
Mass shootings and other types of gun violence are huge problems in America. Gun control advocates say they are fueled by the prevalence of firearms and relatively lax gun laws.
IT MAY INTEREST YOU
- Pandora Papers: investigation reveals 35 world leaders hid their fortune to avoid paying taxes
- Melbourne becomes the city in the world with the most days under strict confinement due to coronavirus
- Why New Zealand Decided To Abandon Its “Successful” Coronavirus Total Elimination Strategy (And What’s New)
- A Romanian millionaire among the 8 killed by a private plane crash against a building in Milan | PHOTOS
- Ecuador’s President Guillermo Lasso created an ‘offshore’ network to hide his fortune, according to the Pandora Papers
- Simple guide to understanding Pandora Papers, one of the biggest leaks in history
- The Romanovs and the lineage of the last tsars: what was the fate of the descendants of the royal family of Russia?