The Hungarian government is initiating a referendum on the issue of child protection, Viktor Orbán announced on Wednesday. Questions will include what parents think about introducing sexual propaganda to children in public education institutions.
There will also be questions asking how much parents support giving lectures in schools about gender reassignment surgeries. The Prime Minister is asking everyone to say no to these issues together.
Brussels has attacked Hungary in recent weeks for child protection laws, said Viktor Orbán. The prime minister added that the European Union is demanding an amendment to the Education and Child Protection Act.
They regret that it is not possible for us what has already become established in Western Europe. There, LGBTQ activists visit kindergartens and schools, they provide sexual education. Here, too, they want this, which is why the bureaucrats in Brussels are threatening and instituting infringement proceedings, ie abusing their power.
– said the Prime Minister.
The referendum questions will be:
- Do you support having a sexual orientation session in a public education institution without parental consent?
- Do you support the promotion of gender reassignment treatments for minor children?
- Do you support the availability of gender reassignment treatments for minors?
- Do you support the unrestricted presentation of sexual media content to minors that affects their development?
- Do you support the display of gender-sensitive media content to minor children?
In the morning, the prime minister indicated on his community that he was preparing for an important announcement. A government decree was published in the Hungarian Gazette on Wednesday, which again allows the initiation of a national referendum. So far, this has not been possible due to the rules in place to control the epidemic.